• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Workwear as an Allowable Expense"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Yes, I know this has been done before and normally the answer is no but I think I can claim extenuating circumstances given my current situation.

New contractor that has joined us wears a Visual Studio tracksuit. Quite snazzy it is with the splashscreen emplazoned all over the front and I like the way all the API methods are printed down the sleeves - a bit like how a F1 driver has badges of various oil brands and tyre makes all over his outfit.

Anyhow, as this contractor is our new scrum master, he's suggested we all invest in one as he wants to promote a more "sports team" like environment and have us all jump to it and get over to the whiteboard table at the prompt of "ok guys, timeout".

Would this be allowable?
    A punch in the face usually does the trick in such circumstances, but follow up with a heavy kick in the wedding tackle region just to be sure. Shout "Timeout!" at a suitable moment so he is certain to get the message...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    He's quite a dreamboat when you meet him in person.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    If it's a requirement for the gig, that suggests Direction and Control. If there is no Direction and Control, then that suggests it's not a requirement for the gig.
    Safety equipment doesn't come into that definition, IIRC. Perhaps as an anti-safety measure this trackie could be considered in the same manner. By wearing such a vile outfit someone might bump off the OP?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Yes, I know this has been done before and normally the answer is no but I think I can claim extenuating circumstances given my current situation.

New contractor that has joined us wears a Visual Studio tracksuit. Quite snazzy it is with the splashscreen emplazoned all over the front and I like the way all the API methods are printed down the sleeves - a bit like how a F1 driver has badges of various oil brands and tyre makes all over his outfit.

Anyhow, as this contractor is our new scrum master, he's suggested we all invest in one as he wants to promote a more "sports team" like environment and have us all jump to it and get over to the whiteboard table at the prompt of "ok guys, timeout".

Would this be allowable?
    And there's me thinking a polo shirt with company logo on it would be a bit OTT? Has anyone smacked him in the chops yet?

qh

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    At one gig I say a guy wearing a tee shirt with 'vi' on the back, thought he was one of us cool unix-types women fawn over. Turned out he wasn't, it was some attempt at being cool by have the roman numeral 6 on it. And he didn't know how to get out of input mode or set line numbers.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
    Your scrum master is a moron
    I think you are being too specific.

Leave a comment:

• VillageContractor
    replied
    Your scrum master is a moron

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    At one gig I say a guy wearing a tee shirt with 'vi' on the back, thought he was one of us cool unix-types women fawn over. Turned out he wasn't, it was some attempt at being cool by have the roman numeral 6 on it. And he didn't know how to get out of input mode or set line numbers.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    What you need to do, is get on over here and get your own tracksuit: https://getonfleek.com/

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I agree. But the creative effort in coming up with a visual studio outfit with the api signatures on it, well I'm just impressed. Obviously he is trolling, but in a month of Sundays I could not come up with a visual studio api jumper. With the added benefit of throwing in scrum master, well it's just good.
    I'm not sure he/she/it isn't serious, judging by previous posts

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    But his knowledge of expenses and level and effort of research is utter tulip.
    I agree. But the creative effort in coming up with a visual studio outfit with the api signatures on it, well I'm just impressed. Obviously he is trolling, but in a month of Sundays I could not come up with a visual studio api jumper. With the added benefit of throwing in scrum master, well it's just good.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I'm genuinely impressed by this post, well done.
    But his knowledge of expenses and level and effort of research is utter tulip.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Me too. Most excellent. Does he ride a Brompton to get his smashed avocado on toast?
    Yes..Exactly...

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I'm genuinely impressed by this post, well done.
    Me too. Most excellent. Does he ride a Brompton to get his smashed avocado on toast?

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied

Would this be allowable?
    are you serious????? FFS!
    i'd tell the 'scrum master' to feck off.
    what utter bolloks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X