• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Daylight Savings Time"

Collapse

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    If you're going to start a thread as a veiled attack at the mods, then make an ambiguous post which you later tell us means you've worked it out and corrected your problem, you have to expect a little comeback.
    Pebkac was apt and funny

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    then the issue is that you have to make the changes singing Ave Maria while standing on your head....
    ... on horseback, playing two trumpets, in the deep end of your local swimmimg pool..............

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    If you're going to start a thread as a veiled attack at the mods, then make an ambiguous post which you later tell us means you've worked it out and corrected your problem, you have to expect a little comeback.
    I think most of us expect a lot of comeback while going about our normal posting business.....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    If you're going to edit the poll options using mod powers - just delete the thread, you cheeky ....

Cheers for alerting us. It might have passed me by otherwise.

You should demand your CUK subscription back.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    If you're going to edit the poll options using mod powers - just delete the thread, you cheeky ....

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    The mods do not have access to change your user settings such as time zone and auto DST adjustment.

Your best bet would be to go to settings, then General Settings, then scroll down to Date and Time Options and set your DST Options to Automatically detect DST settings.

If it is set to Automatic and the time is still showing incorrectly, then the issue is not with ContractorUK or the forum software.

Post #3 is me coming to the realisation and correcting the error but thanks for your assistance

Ps. The setting was on corrections always on - so there is a problem with that setting.... (moot now but hey ho - not like you'll do a proper job and actually fix it eh?)
    Last edited by Bean; 2 November 2017, 12:34.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    The mods do not have access to change your user settings such as time zone and auto DST adjustment.

Your best bet would be to go to settings, then General Settings, then scroll down to Date and Time Options and set your DST Options to Automatically detect DST settings.

If it is set to Automatic and the time is still showing incorrectly
    then the issue is that you have to make the changes singing Ave Maria while standing on your head....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    You'll have to forgive Mr. Bean. Not the sharpest tool in the box and he's not shy to prove it.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

If it is set to Automatic and the time is still showing incorrectly, then the issue is not with ContractorUK or the forum software.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Are the mods/admins going to change the timestamps to reflect reality, or leave it as wrong by an hour until the clocks change again?
    "All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14"

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    It's right - you've clearly got something screwed up - or a screw loose....
    Yep, checked my settings - but I also have a screw loose

So I guess the answer is no

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Are the mods/admins going to change the timestamps to reflect reality, or leave it as wrong by an hour until the clocks change again?
    It's right - you've clearly got something screwed up - or a screw loose....

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    started a poll Daylight Savings Time

Daylight Savings Time

Yes, very soon
    0.00%
    Yes, when they get round to it sometime
    0.00%
    No
    0.00%
    Pebkac
    28.57%
    AndyW's mum changes my clocks and timestamps
    57.14%
    When will mum change my nappy
    14.29%

Working...
X