• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This Trump / Russia thing"

Collapse

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    No, 'explicitly implied' were your words and demonstrate you lack of intelligence.

An allegation does not necessarily lack proof. So taken as a whole, the term 'allegations' is fine where one person out of many has admitted guilt.
    Possibly, but then your OP stated 'allegation'

Ps. you may want to add an 's' onto friend with your next stealth edit

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    On paper maybe. Point being that POTUS (whoever it is) is more of a figurehead and speech reader. The actual grown ups making the real decisions decide whether either of these things happen or don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c7eVxure0Y
    this isn't true in modern day US politics

it may have been how the founders intended the Presidency to work but over the course of history and particularly since the 60's the executive branch has grabbed more and more power from the Congress (people)

this is why proper constitutionalists scream blue murder at every Executive Order that a president signs as more often then not it's giving more power to the President.

what you find is that supporters of the incumbent won't protest it as it's "their guy" but all fail to realise that the powers they sign into law are inherited by the next president to take office

so Dems hated Bush's Exec Orders but were silent on Obama's and vice versa for the Republicans

the whole point of checks and balances in the US system was that one person can't have power to declare war unilaterally that was supposed to lay with Congress

but since Congress has become corrupted you end up with a perceived manic with his hands on the nuclear button which he has the power to press

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    GOP are also thinking that Pence is such a liability they can’t even support an assassination. One wonders if they’ll change the rules to prevent their nominee from hand picking the running mate.
    Indeed. I was having a conversation with someone the other day about who was more stupid - Pence or Quayle.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    That is all correct.

However it is clear now that he is despised by Republicans and Democrats alike. GOP now wondering if they will ever be re-elected.

After a whole life spent with no-one saying no to you it must come as quite a shock. Enough to send him mad.....
    GOP are also thinking that Pence is such a liability they can’t even support an assassination. One wonders if they’ll change the rules to prevent their nominee from hand picking the running mate.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Erm… he does have the authority to order a nuclear strike. He’s the commander in chief of all US forces.

I’m not an expert on the US chain of command, but I think he’s the only person who can order a nuclear strike as long as he remains capable of doing so; some other people also have the codes, but that’s only as a fallback in case he’s incapacitated.

He can’t start WW3, as only Congress can declare war, but TBH that becomes something of a technicality once the mushrooms start to sprout
    That is all correct.

However it is clear now that he is despised by Republicans and Democrats alike. GOP now wondering if they will ever be re-elected.

After a whole life spent with no-one saying no to you it must come as quite a shock. Enough to send him mad.....

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    This Trump / Russia thing

There's a long thread on Twitter about it, and why it's now serious, here:

https://twitter.com/sethabramson/sta...88111880417280

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Erm… he does have the authority to order a nuclear strike. He’s the commander in chief of all US forces.

I’m not an expert on the US chain of command, but I think he’s the only person who can order a nuclear strike as long as he remains capable of doing so; some other people also have the codes, but that’s only as a fallback in case he’s incapacitated.

He can’t start WW3, as only Congress can declare war, but TBH that becomes something of a technicality once the mushrooms start to sprout
    On paper maybe. Point being that POTUS (whoever it is) is more of a figurehead and speech reader. The actual grown ups making the real decisions decide whether either of these things happen or don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c7eVxure0Y

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Absolutely - the man's an unhinged ego maniac, he's brought world politics into the gutter. Ironically I think it's just a catalyst for declining American imperial power and in a strange way quite good for the rest of the world. He's not going to launch any nukes or start WW3 - he doesn't have the authority luckily. All he can do is Tweet threats at people and try and force bad 'deals'.

I can see why the Russians and Chinese probably like having him there, but I don't think they are as accountable as the snowflakes want them to be. Not saying they are 100% blameless but they didn't steal the election.

Lots of unsubstantiated claims flying around on both sides.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    He's a snowflake.
    And a mass snowflake creator.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Absolutely - the man's an unhinged ego maniac, he's brought world politics into the gutter. Ironically I think it's just a catalyst for declining American imperial power and in a strange way quite good for the rest of the world. He's not going to launch any nukes or start WW3 - he doesn't have the authority luckily. All he can do is Tweet threats at people and try and force bad 'deals'.

I can see why the Russians and Chinese probably like having him there, but I don't think they are as accountable as the snowflakes want them to be. Not saying they are 100% blameless but they didn't steal the election.

He's a snowflake.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Don't you think Trump overreacts to a slight and behaves like a big baby?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Making sure what doesn't happen again? She lost because she was an absolutely horrendous candidate and her opponents had an incredible amount of dirty laundry and they used it all to it's maximum effectiveness. She lost because of Wikileaks, Comey, Podesta and the utter corruption of he family's foundation - oh and that email server thing as well.

Even with the entire establishment and MSM behind her she still lost - and not to a better candidate - to Donald Trump (!) - she still lost to him. That takes some doing...

yes the Russian's bought some social media ads and published all the Wikileaks as they came out but the idea that they hacked/stole/influenced the election is peak snowflake.

The fact that the establishment attempted to force their candidate into the White house and the American people rejected that - even if it meant having Trump instead is a sign of the times.
    Making sure that external illegal influences to the election don’t happen again.
    But of course being thoroughly disliked like she was can’t be fixed. That’s a different problem.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Don't you think Trump overreacts to a slight and behaves like a big baby?
    No politician in history — and I say this with great surety — has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Because Vlad has videos of Russian whores pissing on a naked Donald. That’s real power.
    Nope - well, he might, but that’s not what is alleged in the dossier.

What the dossier says is that Vlad has videos of Donald paying Russian whores to piss on a bed while he watched. And why did the Donald want to watch that? Because Obama had once slept in the same bed.

Frankly, that’s even weirder than a liking for watersports

Leave a comment:

Working...
X