• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BOOM! First Extension = Nailed."

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why is the first extension hard?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Why is the first extension hard?

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    The two hardest things are the first extension and the second gig. You're half way there.

(I've just had my papers through for the first extension to my second gig, so I must be doing something right).

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    FTFY

never mind him, - have a banana

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    Crap
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Typo!

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I'll bare that in mind next time I have an interview lined up over that way!
    What are you going to bare?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    BOOM! First Extension = Nailed.

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    I highly doubt they will extend me again in the New Year and to be honest I'd probably want to chase a better day rate elsewhere. Although that said, current gig is very convenient in terms of travel time.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Well done on getting an extension, I seriously doubt anything you'll have seen on here was of any help though...

CUK can be useful. The same use as a rubber duck in debugging.....

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    For anyone who's been following my occasionally hap-hazard newbie posts, I've finally received the paperwork through to extend my first contract by 3 months into early February :-) I did have a telephone interview for a very exciting role in Canary Wharf but, unfortunately I wasn't successful. To be fair with the events going on in my personal life at the moment extension with clientco is probably the best outcome anyway and it took a potentially awkward decision out of my hands.

Thanks to everyone for your advice in these early days of my contracting jaunt; your input has no doubt helped me conduct myself in a way that has lead to this extension.
    Well done on getting an extension, I seriously doubt anything you'll have seen on here was of any help though...

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    It's the second extension that's the hardest...
    Not IME, the second extension isn't as hard as the first, and as you get older, it takes longer to achieve.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    [NLUK Mode]

It's the second extension that's the hardest...

[/NLUK Mode]

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    I'll bare that in mind next time I have an interview lined up over that way!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X