• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why is the thread on Daily Mail intimidation of Universities closed?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    University academics to be replaced by Daily Mail readers

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I like the current approach, lock the thread as soon as the B word is mentioned.
    It s allowed in the title.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It was closed because the moderators of this forum are getting sick to the teeth of the constant threads about Brexit. While we try to work on an acceptable solution we're just going to do our best to keep this place a bit more civil
    ******* snowflakes. No platforming Brexit to keep your safe space. Boo hoo.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    It was closed because the moderators of this forum are getting sick to the teeth of the constant threads about Brexit. While we try to work on an acceptable solution we're just going to do our best to keep this place a bit more civil
    I like the current approach, lock the thread as soon as the B word is mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    You must be joking!! This has been going on for a year at least and only now you mods realised it??? You lot are as incompetent as Theresa May.
    They are lazier.

A new mod will have to be appointed.

Its a toss between sasguru and NLyUK. Which only usually happens behind the CUK bike sheds.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    1st Divorce?
    2nd Divorce?
    3rd Divorce?
    4th Divorce?
    Am I close?
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Why, what happened?
    Oh good grief!

Sas makes 1 good post and it goes unrecognized!

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    We are considering setting up a section of the forum just for discussing it.
    Yes, it is possibly the most important thing to have happened since the war, but most of the threads on here regarding it are not discussions or debates but attacks/rants, which tend to reinforce divisions.
    You must be joking!! This has been going on for a year at least and only now you mods realised it??? You lot are as incompetent as Theresa May.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I hope it includes 4th November 2005.

Though knowing the DM it probably includes the date of death of Jade Goody.....
    Why, what happened?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    1st Divorce?
    2nd Divorce?
    3rd Divorce?
    4th Divorce?
    Am I close?

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied

It quite literally says 500 AD to 2000AD, why would it include 2005?

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied

Glad they're calling it AD and not CE

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    According to the Daily Mail, from 500AD to 2000AD, here are the key dates in UK history that every child should be taught:
    Key dates from history that every pupil should know: Cambridge don says GCSEs should embrace ALL of our nation's past | Daily Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    €350 here for the week plus they get rid of all the crap you put in it
    That sounds even more expensive than here.

At least you can keep the skip for as long as you want....

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    They're very expensive thanks to EU diktats on landfill.

My OH paid £120 last month whereas in the past it was £75. £120 used to get you the full 6 yarder.

And, while I'm at it, the local tip has started charging for the disposal of bags of soil or rubble. £2 per bag, regardless of size.

As you can imagine, for someone as week and feeble as myself this gets to be very expensive.
    €350 here for the week plus they get rid of all the crap you put in it

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Or global warming, antibiotics, ISIS, nuclear war in Korea, Palestine etc.
    According to the Daily Mail, from 500AD to 2000AD, here are the key dates in UK history that every child should be taught:
    Key dates from history that every pupil should know: Cambridge don says GCSEs should embrace ALL of our nation's past | Daily Mail Online

Leave a comment:

Working...
X