• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Given notice for first time in nearly 8 years!"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    ...It's just something I would never do from my side. I sign a contract with my eyes open and always see it out. Not having a go at ppl that do, just not my thing. If I have a problem I just refuse an extension when it comes along.
    There's always the chance you'll meet a manager who'll destruct test your principles.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    He doesn't need to.

Everything that has happened is the fault of Brexit.
    I may end up going to Germany for some Big Data/Analytics work...... definitely the fault of Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Benny View Post
    Kudos for not blaming Brexit
    He doesn't need to.

Everything that has happened is the fault of Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Surreal feeling today, have been in many contracts since I started back in 2010. This is the first time I've ever been given notice mid way through a contract. They let a few other guys guy and I'm one of the last few left.

Also excited to be back on the market to look for next challenge! Plan B is in good shape too with options for me to setup my own consultancy.
    Kudos for not blaming Brexit

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Good spot NLUK, nothing gets past "The Judge".

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Can you explain how this is relevant to the OP being given notice?
    ^^ See above. Sorry...

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Doh! Just re-read it, 'wat a mistaka 2 mekka' I will definately get my coat now

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I have faith in Jesus

It's just something I would never do from my side. I sign a contract with my eyes open and always see it out. Not having a go at ppl that do, just not my thing. If I have a problem I just refuse an extension when it comes along.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I have faith in Jesus

It's just something I would never do from my side. I sign a contract with my eyes open and always see it out. Not having a go at ppl that do, just not my thing. If I have a problem I just refuse an extension when it comes along.
    You mis-read the original post?

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    To be fair this is the first role I've had which is a lot less technical and more higher level/conceptual. Top end rate which also means it's the first to go to cut costs. Was a good run while it lasted. Have a solid 6 months in the bank to cover me.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    What gives you the confidence to say that it will never happen to you?
    I have faith in Jesus

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Never done it, never have, never will.
    What gives you the confidence to say that it will never happen to you?

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Never done it, never have, never will.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    successfully completed
    We'll be the judge of that.

Please document your completions in meticulous detail so that we can sift through them and pass judgement.

You can then point agents to this thread for evidence of the high esteem in which you're held by your CUK colleagues.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Surreal feeling today, have been in many contracts since I started back in 2010. This is the first time I've ever been given notice mid way through a contract. They let a few other guys guy and I'm one of the last few left.

Also excited to be back on the market to look for next challenge! Plan B is in good shape too with options for me to setup my own consultancy.
    If you are in the nw, bet365 are always on the lookout. Assuming .net stack.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X