• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ad Blocker not working on the site"

Collapse

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    That probably says quite a lot more about the contents of said laptop than you intended to reveal...

I have the same problem, after searching for 'no more nails' and 'wd40'.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Proof of concept already done

It's mental how many people use ad blockers now, started using one myself this year as peed off with seeing ads for bondage gear and lubricants when trying to show people stuff on my laptop.
    That probably says quite a lot more about the contents of said laptop than you intended to reveal...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Stop googling for nipple clamps.
    Even Google won't have your size love...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Got Adblock plus on chrome don't see any ads on here
    Ditto. Is this the same Dolan that used to be the D in SJD? In which case I know I've missed something (par for the course at my age I'm afraid) but I'm buggered if I know not what. Or something. From whence doth one seek enlightenment?

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I just googled it....

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Be prepared, we are working on an in house ad server to get around ad blockers all together
    No bother, Suity is putting together ContractorsUK.com as we speak. It tackles the ad problem at source by having no commercial appeal whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied

It's mental how many people use ad blockers now, started using one myself this year as peed off with seeing ads for bondage gear and lubricants when trying to show people stuff on my laptop.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Thwack!!!!! The sound of a gauntlet landing on the deck @ CUK Towers.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Thwack!!!!! The sound of a gauntlet landing on the deck @ CUK Towers.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Sorry S'mac, saw this earlier but been hectic. We use an open source adserver on here, called Revive ad server, used to be called OpenX. It is easily spotted by AdBlockers and should disable all ads on the site. The ads for Dolan Accountancy are on the main site I think, we have three advertisers on the forum and they haven't changed for ages. The only thing different with the DA ones are that they are HTML5 ads rather than straight image ads.

SJD and Parasol also provided HTML5 ads a while ago and SJD have one of the banner slots on the forum so if you can see the DA ones on another section of the site but you can't see the Parasol / SJD ones then there must be some difference between them which means the ad blocker is only picking one of them up.

I would have thought that all of them would be blocked as they are all served by Revive - and the Revive ad server I sensibly put on a subdomain (ads.contractoruk.com) which was really clever as ad blockers looks for things like ads / adverts etc to try and work out what to block. Plus Revive is so widely used that it sees the Javascript includes like the one included on the forum (view source - line 80) so all of that should be blocked.

Post up a page where you are seeing the ads and I can see if I can work out why one is working and the other isn't as am interested in how I can squeeze more ad views out of you buggers why one is working and the other isn't.

Be prepared, we are working on an in house ad server to get around ad blockers all together

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Got Adblock plus on chrome don't see any ads on here

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Not seeing any ads here

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied