• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Britain second 'most powerful country in the world"

Collapse

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    No, that it's from 2015. This year the UK is in 6th according to this link from 2017.

10 Most Powerful Militaries in The World - Wonderslist
    Doesn't take into account nuclear weapons or navy. I assume it doesn't also care about spying capabilities etc.

Tbh I still think a country should be judged by how it cares for it's citizens.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Read the article... particularly the headline... anyway in military terms the UK is about 9th according to this link
    RANKED: World's 20 strongest militaries - Business Insider
    No, that it's from 2015. This year the UK is in 6th according to this link from 2017.

10 Most Powerful Militaries in The World - Wonderslist

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Philip Hammond spells it out - The UK will effectively remain in the EU for the forseeable future

This is the crux of his argument:

Philip Hammond has made clear that the Brexit transitional deal that the government is seeking will “look a lot like the status quo” as ministers attempt to minimise the impact on British business.
    They'll fob everyone off by saying they've officially left the customs union and the single market whilst crossing their fingers behind their back.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    What NATO has to do with Brexit!!!!
    Read the article... particularly the headline... anyway in military terms the UK is about 9th according to this link
    RANKED: World's 20 strongest militaries - Business Insider

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Sash, sash it's not nice to talk about peoples kids, Remember what we talked about before about posting tulipee think thirty times then go and chop off your balls.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Meanwhile it's all rosey in the land of lager n sausage.

http://news.sky.com/story/insolvent-...-sick-11031752

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    uk brexit us henry jackson society russia china france | UK | News | Express.co.uk

BRITAIN is the second most powerful country in the world second only to the US, according to think tank. The think tank being a bunch of Neo Nazies.

WTF has the UK become since the vote on Brexit?
    What NATO has to do with Brexit!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    UK to be part of the EU army after Brexit

The UK will be more a part of the EU army than some countries actually in the EU.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    What!!!

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Not at all. Just a valid observation on your condition. It's your kids I feel sorry for.
    Sash, sash it's not nice to talk about peoples kids, Remember what we talked about before about posting tulipee think twicee.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Touched a nerve I see.
    Not at all. Just a valid observation on your condition. It's your kids I feel sorry for.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I get the reason for your point-free posts.
    It's because you're not officer class - all your life you've been a follower, a sheep, a reactive individual.
    As in the past, all you can do now is wait and see. You don't have the wherewithal to be proactive.
    Touched a nerve I see.

You command some respect for leading with your chin so regularly when most of your inbred ilk scarcely have one to speak of.

Keep it up, it lightens the mood.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    It's because you're not officer class - all your life you've been a follower, a sheep, a reactive individual.
    As in the past, all you can do now is wait and see. You don't have the wherewithal to be proactive.
    He is just pleased his money isn't in its usual puddle of piss in the Barnstaple 'spoons.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    My money is on it being yet another false dawn.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    My money is on it being yet another false dawn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X