• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Yup everyone should study yurt building and beard shaping."

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    The Mail is close to evil and always has been. There will always be a market for it.

I just love the Daily Mail

Leave a comment:

• deebeegee
    replied
    I'm not sure what's worse:
    That the DM thinks their readership is so stupid that they can print outright lies in their headline and contradict them two paragraphs down;
    or that the DM readership is so stupid that they don't notice the outright lies in the headline despite them being contradicted two paragraphs down

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Well clearly in that instance auto correct changed have to gave and I missed it.

No need for personal attacks though.!
    Surely you don't want political correctness to stop us from calling a cretin a cretin.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Buy her a subscription to Private Eye.
    She won't read it - she'll go straight back to the DM

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    My mum reads the DM - I every time I go round there and see it on the coffee table. She won't change though.
    Buy her a subscription to Private Eye.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Perhaps before you criticise others, you might want to brush up on your own literacy skills.
    It's clear from this thread that you can't read or are not interested in reading.
    It's also clear that you can't write particularly well.
    Has the Daily Mail told you that you should not read beyond headlines or think for yourself and you have worshipfully believed them?
    Well clearly in that instance auto correct changed have to gave and I missed it.

No need for personal attacks though.!

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    The Mail is close to evil and always has been. There will always be a market for it.

My mum reads the DM - I every time I go round there and see it on the coffee table. She won't change though.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Not really, another one of the Fails effort at misdirection with a dodgy headline.

What he actually said was

Which doesn't quite equate to the headline that no-one is interested in them and is actually challenging Goves plan to do away with arts, history, languages etc as part of the curriculum.

And it's one paragraph in a long article that mainly focusses on Brexit and options for the regions, emphasising that trying to do separate deals for Scotland, Wales and NI is going to be extremely difficult.

You'd almost think they were so desperate to find something to smear him with they, had to shoe horn it in at the start of an unrelated article in the hopes people wouldn't bother reading the rest of it.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Not really, another one of the Fails effort at misdirection with a dodgy headline.

What he actually said was

Originally posted by The Daily Mail
    During his talk, Corbyn said: 'Don't believe in Michael Gove Victorian theory of education that only English, Maths and Science matter. Nobody here is only interested in those three subjects, so why should our children be?'
    Which doesn't quite equate to the headline that no-one is interested in them and is actually challenging Goves plan to do away with arts, history, languages etc as part of the curriculum.

And it's one paragraph in a long article that mainly focusses on Brexit and options for the regions, emphasising that trying to do separate deals for Scotland, Wales and NI is going to be extremely difficult.

You'd almost think they were so desperate to find something to smear him with they, had to shoe horn it in at the start of an unrelated article in the hopes people wouldn't bother reading the rest of it.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Maybe this explains some of that: Britain trails Poland, Baltic states, and parts of former Yugoslavia on education spending | The Independent

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    However regardless of who said what the idea that it is acceptable for people over the age of ten to not gave basic numeracy and literacy skills is wrong.
    Perhaps before you criticise others, you might want to brush up on your own literacy skills.
    It's clear from this thread that you can't read or are not interested in reading.
    It's also clear that you can't write particularly well.
    Has the Daily Mail told you that you should not read beyond headlines or think for yourself and you have worshipfully believed them?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If they can't read they won't vote at all....
    Most of Labours facebook Videos, or "We love Jeremy Corbyn" meme's are particularly wordy at best

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    LOL ain't nobody got time fo dat.

However regardless of who said what the idea that it is acceptable for people over the age of ten to not gave basic numeracy and literacy skills is wrong.
    Corbyn did not say what you claimed he did, after you had swallowed your dose of Daily Mail nonsense. Still, useful additional confirmation that you're a cretin.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by grabri View Post
    An excellent example of how media mislead people by misrepresenting what was actually said in order to create headlines that fit their own agenda.

You were mislead into believing that Corbyn actually said this - when he said no such thing. Please read beyond the headlines and make up your own mind.
    LOL ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    It's a good strategy, the thicker the kids are the more likely they'll grow up to vote Brexit.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X