• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Bridge will be free from next year"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    12 year old, 30k miles CI Riviera 171. Old school and without some of the latest toys but does everything we need and is fully self-sufficient when necessary. Only real problem is parking something 7.6m long and 2.5m wide...
    great, I'd love to get one but my Mrs won't have any of it, kids would love one too

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    12 year old, 30k miles CI Riviera 171. Old school and without some of the latest toys but does everything we need and is fully self-sufficient when necessary. Only real problem is parking something 7.6m long and 2.5m wide...

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Yes thanks. Your grans haven't though, they've got a campervan. Big difference (literally...).
    yep you're right, it's a Campervan, I love it, it's fantastic, when they were thinking to buy I said, it doesn't mean you have to sleep in it, you can still stay in hotels and bnb's but when you go away with your U3A friends, instead of eating your sarnies in the car you can eat them at a table and make a cup of tea in your campervan, they love it and they sleep in it, not bad at just short of 80 yrs old

what do you have ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I came over last night sleazy jet into Brisl to collect our daughters who've had a week with gran and grampy.

They've had loads of fun, been everywhere, build a bear, motor gokarting, gran and grampy have got a shiny new VW California and my daughters love it and they've been off down to the south coast for a few days, infact, during the whole stay they slept every night in the VW, even parked on the drive outside the house !

It's a shame my mrs isn't into motorhomes, if she was I'd buy one tomorrow, I think they're great, and the California you can drive it and park it like a car

Anybody here got a motorhome ?

Milan.
    Yes thanks. Your grans haven't though, they've got a campervan. Big difference (literally...).

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Shouldn't worry about it me babby, he cass'n spell "Bristle" proper anyway.

And Chepstow's not that smart an idea, since there will be even more traffic on the bridge (the old one, remember...) and you still get jammed around the M5/M32 interchanges. Far smarter to move south of the city.
    actually a little secret is Weston, you can buy townhouses there for pennies on the pound, a friend wants to move from Stoke Bishop to Weston

Chew valley is nice

The wye valley though, is beautiful

and of course the Severn

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Ah, you mean Chiswick? Not a million miles away, but I still don't have a clue as to what you're on about...
    Shouldn't worry about it me babby, he cass'n spell "Bristle" proper anyway.

And Chepstow's not that smart an idea, since there will be even more traffic on the bridge (the old one, remember...) and you still get jammed around the M5/M32 interchanges. Far smarter to move south of the city.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    By which I assume another Beansy Jr is on the way. Congrats, but keep him away from the internet if you please.
    Saaaf East is fooked, NLyUK said so. We all are, it's Brexit innit?
    Have a safe trip home, and avoid the Magaluf-bound chavs at LGW if at all possible.

I came over last night sleazy jet into Brisl to collect our daughters who've had a week with gran and grampy.

They've had loads of fun, been everywhere, build a bear, motor gokarting, gran and grampy have got a shiny new VW California and my daughters love it and they've been off down to the south coast for a few days, infact, during the whole stay they slept every night in the VW, even parked on the drive outside the house !

It's a shame my mrs isn't into motorhomes, if she was I'd buy one tomorrow, I think they're great, and the California you can drive it and park it like a car

Anybody here got a motorhome ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    thanks, no the bun in the oven analogy is about the deliverables of Plan B

Milan.
    So you're going to be a sperm donor? Best of luck with that...

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    By which I assume another Beansy Jr is on the way. Congrats, but keep him away from the internet if you please.
    Have a safe trip home, and avoid the Magaluf-bound chavs at LGW if at all possible.

thanks, no the bun in the oven analogy is about the deliverables of Plan B

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Afternoon old chap,

did I tell you the latest status of plan b ?

The fourth bun is in the oven

What's new in the saaaaf east ?

Will be passing through there tomorrow morning on the way to Gatwick.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Ah, you mean Chiswick? Not a million miles away, but I still don't have a clue as to what you're on about...
    Afternoon old chap,

did I tell you the latest status of plan b ?

The fourth bun is in the oven

What's new in the saaaaf east ?

Will be passing through there tomorrow morning on the way to Gatwick.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Mordy old chap

if you were from the West Country you wouldnt
    need a translation

Milan

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I think I'm going to put SE after all my posts as I'm a pretentious bastard who thinks all other posters are thick.
    Its not his name its a reminder to Mordac its his test network.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I think I'm going to put SE after all my posts as I'm a pretentious bastard who thinks all other posters are thick.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    The Bridge at Runcorn moving from free to toll in the Autumn.

To be fair, they are building a new one....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X