• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Waterloo upgrade

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Waterloo upgrade"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    The UK is full of cynics - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41079826

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    In the old days they use to sack people when they screwed up engineering works which is why they never screwed them up....
    Now they promote them to management

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Want to take bets on when Waterloo is back up and working without delays due to this work?
    In the old days they use to sack people when they screwed up engineering works which is why they never screwed them up....

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Want to take bets on when Waterloo is back up and working without delays due to this work?
    OK

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Next month September as of Friday

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Next month "October" or next month "Friday"?
    Next month September as of Friday

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    It runs until Thursday so I'm really hopeful I can be back on the train next month.
    Next month "October" or next month "Friday"?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    How did I guess?
    It runs until Thursday so I'm really hopeful I can be back on the train next month.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Well if South Western Railway are as good as Great Western Railway then you need to extend your pass for Clientco carpark.
    How did I guess?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Anyone (TFL contractors) have any inside info on if this is going to finish on schedule or is it going out to the right - and if so by how much?

Need to know whether to get a season ticket for Sept or extend pass for clientco car park.

Thanks.
    If ever there was a question which didn't need asking...
    Wifey had a lucky escape, her am meeting in the Westminster area got cancelled. I've got to be in town on Thursday, what time tomorrow do you reckon I realistically need to set off?

A Network Rail spokesman said: "During the process of testing the complex signalling, we identified an issue in this safety-critical system which we are working to resolve.

"This will take some time to fix and a small number of early passenger trains may be delayed as a result.

"We are working hard to minimise delays to passengers, but safely is our number one priority."
    And this is bollox, there were queues to get into some stations.
    Last edited by Mordac; 29 August 2017, 10:11.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Who'd 've thunk it?

A Network Rail spokesman said: "During the process of testing the complex signalling, we identified an issue in this safety-critical system which we are working to resolve.

"This will take some time to fix and a small number of early passenger trains may be delayed as a result.

"We are working hard to minimise delays to passengers, but safely is our number one priority."

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Thats what she told you anyway....
    she said she would at be at my place by 5 , she got there at 3:30. Apparently Brillo was quicker than expected.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Just undergoing final testing with the longer trains....

Don't joke that's the truth

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    It's due to finish on Monday:

This summer, between 5 and 28 August inclusive, fewer South Western Railway services will run while work starts to extend platforms at London Waterloo
    However I'm not brimming with confidence that it won't overrun. I'll see how it is on Tuesday.

See you next Tuesday...
    Just undergoing final testing with the longer trains....

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Friday is going to be particularly bad. Four more platforms being closed.

I bought a first class season this month at a cost of nearly a thousand quid so at least I would be delayed in comfort.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X