• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: MAMIL Mayhem

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "MAMIL Mayhem"

Collapse

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    To keep the population stable, 50 have to be culled a year. About 1 a month are run over and killed. The rest are shot.

Pity we can't do the same with bankers...
    They do the same in Bushy park - apparently the queen eats them afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• jimjamuk
    replied
    Do the school run into the Park on a Sat and Sunday - so many near misses its a bit like Madmax. Roll on the dark nights when the gates close early and they let us in at 7.30 when its empty(ish)

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    A reference, of course, to the entertaining video from 6 years ago:

Ahhh those where the days...

Do that now and https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3536176.html

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Fenton! Fenton! Fenton!
    A reference, of course, to the entertaining video from 6 years ago:

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    waffle
    Your new avatar qualifies for official royal approval. Good show.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I feckin didn't, damn thing leapt on my bonnet from 6 feet up. I'm thinking oh well I get some venison and the bloody thing runs off. Hard to explain why your Volvo has a deer shaped dent in it
    To keep the population stable, 50 have to be culled a year. About 1 a month are run over and killed. The rest are shot.

Pity we can't do the same with bankers...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I've seen them not stop when the deer are crossing the road - everyone stops for the deer...
    I feckin didn't, damn thing leapt on my bonnet from 6 feet up. I'm thinking oh well I get some venison and the bloody thing runs off. Hard to explain why your Volvo has a deer shaped dent in it

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I've seen them not stop when the deer are crossing the road - everyone stops for the deer...
    More fool those particular cyclists.

In about a month the stags get really aggressive.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Fenton! Fenton! Fenton!

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    everyone stops for the deer...

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    No need.

While the police prefer to hound commercial vehicles every now and then they do this -

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-10099781.html

And if walking or running on a foot path you just pretend not to hear them so they have to stop.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Tell that to the MAMILs - good luck with that...
    No need.

While the police prefer to hound commercial vehicles every now and then they do this -

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-10099781.html

And if walking or running on a foot path you just pretend not to hear them so they have to stop.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The 20mph speed limit applies to bikes in Richmond Park. Have a closer look at some of the signs.

The Royal Parks have their own by-laws and the parks police can stop then fine and remove you from the park if you break them.

On shared paths the speed limit is half that and people on foot have priority, and cycles can't use the bridal paths or go off road/path.

Also the dog should have been on a lead or otherwise under control. The owner can be prosecuted for not having the dog under control in a Royal Park.
    Tell that to the MAMILs - good luck with that...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    The 20mph speed limit applies to bikes in Richmond Park. Have a closer look at some of the signs.

The Royal Parks have their own by-laws and the parks police can stop then fine and remove you from the park if you break them.

On shared paths the speed limit is half that and people on foot have priority, and cycles can't use the bridal paths or go off road/path.

Also the dog should have been on a lead or otherwise under control. The owner can be prosecuted for not having the dog under control in a Royal Park.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    How is WTFH enjoying it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X