• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New Car

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Car"

Collapse

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyD View Post
    Honestly, I don't really care what I look like in my car, as long as the car is economical, spacial, reliable and easy to repair/maintain.
    They do a Jag Xtype estate. Sounds what you need, not one of those poncy SUVs that are less practical and more for the image afflicted, i.e vain.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by RetSet View Post
    That's impressively nippy for a 1.6!
    Indeed qcar

Was driving it today

Pulls well in third

😁

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Honestly, I don't really care what I look like in my car, as long as the car is economical, spacial, reliable and easy to repair/maintain.
    Pick three.

Leave a comment:

• SandyD
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Then she will look like everyone's parents.

Leave a comment:

• SandyD
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    Do you need to go off road much?

No? Then you don't need an SUV, you just need a decent estate...
    Actually I used to have one of those huge volvo estates about 10 years ago, my kids were young and it was a really great car. I hardly ever see estate cars on the road now, thought they disappeared, but went to car giant today to have a look and the had some, mostly huge mileages on them though !! but relatively cheaper than SUV even the BMWs and Mercs

Leave a comment:

• RetSet
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    That's impressively nippy for a 1.6!

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    SUV mainly cuz I need to transfer stuff / removal type back forth quite often.

No? Then you don't need an SUV you just need a decent estate...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    More importantly, what about yourself ?

Can you carry it off ?

be honest

Actually I look younger than my age. It's actually fecking annoying.

However I currently prefer 2 wheels to 4 to get around for my short trips.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

No? Then you don't need an SUV you just need a decent estate...
    Then she will look like everyone's parents.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    I need SUV, not saloons, hybrid, zero road tax, low emission, automatic ... SUV mainly cuz I need to transfer stuff / removal type back forth quite often.
    I have jag xtype now, cost a lot in petrol, high road tax, no space for moving furniture etc!!!but I really love it.

No? Then you don't need an SUV, you just need a decent estate...
    Last edited by Dark Black; 5 August 2017, 15:41.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Whatever you get, make sure you add tracker/immobilser/steering wheel lock/OBD port blocker and get the anti snap bolts for your external doors.

qh

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I was not suggesting the Mondeo is cool, merely that the Vectra and Insignia most definitely aren't. Not even close to almost. Next up, incontinence pants and a Honda for you, I'm afraid, old chap...
    its Blaster he talks so much tulip there isn't enough left to fill pants.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    ...and the Mondeo is cool

The Isignia is clearly better than a Mondeo, and any German will tell you that, because they don't drive Mondeos for good reason.

Ford Mondeo vs Vauxhall Insignia | Auto Express

...but then again this is a country that voted Brexit

I was not suggesting the Mondeo is cool, merely that the Vectra and Insignia most definitely aren't. Not even close to almost. Next up, incontinence pants and a Honda for you, I'm afraid, old chap...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Get a foreign car. After Brexit you won't be able to.
    nice little Alfa Romeo then you have an excuse to pop over to Italy to find a new bit to replace what fell off this week.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Get a foreign car. After Brexit you won't be able to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X