• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Working from home, less productive?"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    More productive at home for the simple reason I'm not spending half the day in meetings at the client's site but rather instead at home getting on with the job. Besides I'm usually paid on deliverables rather than by the hour.
    And your client is hardly going to want you in the office.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    More productive at home for the simple reason I'm not spending half the day in meetings at the client's site but rather instead at home getting on with the job. Besides I'm usually paid on deliverables rather than by the hour.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You're already in the hole. Stop digging.
    I listen to the radio hence the junk threads.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    For you or the dog?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I defer to your obvious expertise in junk tv.

To be fair I read up about them in The Guardian and The Daily Mail.
    You're already in the hole. Stop digging.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Walking The Dog (tw) helps prevent cabin fever.
    For you or the dog?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Yup I always find if I have been wfh that I want to go out to eat in the evening

even if it is just the local dive bar for chicken in a basket!
    Walking The Dog (tw) helps prevent cabin fever.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Makes no difference to me. I can do sod all equally well in either location.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Aren't you the guy who is running away from the UK pre-Brexit, cause you can't stand it here any longer?
    Oh, I will still be going eventually.

I certainly wouldn't call it running away.
    In fact Brexit or no Brexit makes no difference to me, I had always planned to go and try my luck elsewhere.
    Anyone that has known me for a long time will vouch for that.

However, I'm always a gun for hire, so I can still be bought providing the price is right to make me change my plans.

I actually refused it to start with, nothing definite yet either.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    It can also depend on the connectivity to client wrt speed as well as what you're doing. Documentation is better done from home with fewer interruptions but there is the danger of cabin fever setting in.
    Yup I always find if I have been wfh that I want to go out to eat in the evening

even if it is just the local dive bar for chicken in a basket!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    It can also depend on the connectivity to client wrt speed as well as what you're doing. Documentation is better done from home with fewer interruptions but there is the danger of cabin fever setting in.

Leave a comment:

• Swamp Thing
    replied
    My experience of different client managers to this issue can be roughly summed up as:

IT manager: I don't want people working from home because they are only 70% productive as office based workers (the OP's experience);
    FM manager: I don't want people working from home because they are 100% unproductive as office based workers;
    Procurement manager: By all means work from home a couple of days a week - but make sure your laptop is always on (so we can send you the 7am or 11pm email );
    Marketing manager: Do your tech work in the office, your blue sky thinking at home;
    HR manager: Don't bother coming in Mondays or Fridays - none of your stakeholders come in on those days (best gig ever);

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I'm not known as the "last man standing" here for nothing.
    Aren't you the guy who is running away from the UK pre-Brexit, cause you can't stand it here any longer?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Do you think its something about you, personality or body odor?
    Likely to be both

In reality they fired all the contractors and consultants who were sat around me.

I'm not known as the "last man standing" here for nothing.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    First time in the office for 4 weeks.

Now sat well and truly on my own.

I'm the only bod sitting in 6 rows of desks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X