• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Mercedes

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mercedes"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    I don't think the National grid could cope with a surge in people charging electric cars, the infrastructure just isn't there at present.
    Maybe that's why the national grid was sold off to Qatar last month.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Do you really think that if we all drove electric cars, the government would not want to recover the same amount of tax as the do with petro and diesel?
    I don't think the National grid could cope with a surge in people charging electric cars, the infrastructure just isn't there at present.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Book yours in to have the Volkswagen Emission Software installed.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Lets just hope that Hinckley is up and running by then ...
    It's not due until the late 20's...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Annoyingly my car lease runs out next June - so the next car will probably be petrol. I suspect by 2019 there will be a lot more electric vehicles around..
    Lets just hope that Hinckley is up and running by then ...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Do you really think that if we all drove electric cars, the government would not want to recover the same amount of tax as the do with petro and diesel?
    Per mile charging coming soon...

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Annoyingly my car lease runs out next June - so the next car will probably be petrol. I suspect by 2019 there will be a lot more electric vehicles around..

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Annoyingly my car lease runs out next June - so the next car will probably be petrol. I suspect by 2019 there will be a lot more tax charges on loans used to buy or lease non-electric vehicles around..
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Petrol engines also produce NOx gases but less than Diesel. Petrol engines will be the next on the green hate list.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Petrol engines also produce NOx gases but less than Diesel. Petrol engines will be the next on the green hate list.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied

No wonder my glasses and plates don't always come out of the dishwasher clean...

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Mercedes

Not that I am aware of. So far just German ones.
    Italian cars too.

Defeat software developed by Bosch.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/i...-study-alleges

No wonder my glasses and plates don't always come out of the dishwasher clean...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Just checked... of all the mainstream British-owned car companies, only one makes its own engines - McLaren - and they don't do diesels.
    The other 3 (Bristol, Caterham and Morgan) us a mix of BMW, Ford and GM power plants (and generally petrol only)

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Have any British-owned car companies had diesel recalls over emissions?
    Not that I am aware of. So far just German ones.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Have any British-owned car companies had diesel recalls over emissions?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X