• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SIPP contributions from company account"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    At a recent computer expo someone reportedly compared the computer
    industry with the
    automobile industry, suggesting that if the car industry had kept up
    with
    technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving £25
    cars
    that do 1000 miles to the gallon.

The car industry fought back with the following:-

Yes, but would you want your car to crash twice a day?"

Every time they repainted the lines on the road would you want to buy a
    new car.
    Occasionally your car would die on the motorway for no apparent reason,
    and
    you would just accept this, restart and drive on.

Occasionally, executing a manoeuvre would cause your car to stop and
    fail
    and you would have to re-fit the engine. For some strange reason, you
    would accept this too.

You could only have one person in the car at a time, unless you bought
    "Car95" or "CarNT".
    But then you would have to buy more seats.

Someone would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five
    times as
    fast, twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five percent of the
    roads.

Some car owners would get expensive upgrades to their cars, which would
    make their cars run much slower.

The oil, fuel and alternator warning lights would be replaced by a
    single "general car fault" warning light.

New seats would force everyone to have the same sized backside.

The airbag system would say "are you sure?" before going off.

If you were involved in a crash, you would have no idea what happened.
    Mmmm

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Ever been to Turkish prison?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
    I'm doubtful about this, but happy to be proved wrong. Maybe you can provide a link?

I thought the impact of Net Relevant Earnings on the maximum contribution was only on employee contributions, and it had no impact on employer contributions. I haven't spotted anywhere that suggest that the NRE for the current year (or indeed previous ones) affects the ability to roll forward unused allowance.
    Would have to work it out, but I would assume you could pay yourself up to a maximum salary (say £120x (ie 3 x £40k)) and then make the employees contribution & claim all of the tax back. I'd assume you'd have to Pay NICS, possibly employers NICS as well. Not sure as last time did it when I was employed.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Ah, soz. Suspect I've just made your point for you.
    I'll let you off just this once. But don't let it happen again! lolz

Leave a comment:

• Lambert Simnel
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    Indeed. I think those who replied to OP on page 1 should be taken immediately for mental examination. Serious responses in "General" is a sign of trouble in the mind!
    Ah, soz. Suspect I've just made your point for you.

Leave a comment:

• Lambert Simnel
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Yes, but you can only carry forward to match(or less) the salary you'll take in the present financial year.
    I'm doubtful about this, but happy to be proved wrong. Maybe you can provide a link?

I thought the impact of Net Relevant Earnings on the maximum contribution was only on employee contributions, and it had no impact on employer contributions. I haven't spotted anywhere that suggest that the NRE for the current year (or indeed previous ones) affects the ability to roll forward unused allowance.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Just a tip - next time you post a serious thread in general you will be taken the p*ss out off.

In future post serious threads in the professional part of the forums.
    Indeed. I think those who replied to OP on page 1 should be taken immediately for mental examination. Serious responses in "General" is a sign of trouble in the mind!

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Yeah, WSES you cockwomble.
    There's now a test for that....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Mmm yep

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Just a tip - next time you post a serious thread in general you will be taken the p*ss out off.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by blueb0y View Post
    Many thanks to all. My first post and I'm delighted with the quick and helpful responses. Thanks again everybody.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by blueb0y View Post
    Many thanks to all. My first post and I'm delighted with the quick and helpful responses. Thanks again everybody.
    Which is an absolute miracle bearing in mind where you posted it.

Leave a comment:

• blueb0y
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    No, you're right - as long as you were in a pension scheme in those years, then you can carry them forward.

You can carry forward if you’re an active member currently building up pension benefits; a deferred member with paid-up pension benefits; a pensioner member, in receipt of pension benefits from your pension scheme, or a pension credit member, where you have a share of your ex-partner’s pension scheme.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Yes, but you can only carry forward to match(or less) the salary you'll take in the present financial year.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Are you sure? I agree that you need to have been a member of a registered pension scheme to roll forward unused allowance. I didn't think it needed to be the same registered pension scheme that you are now paying the contribution into. Happy to be told otherwise.
    No, you're right - as long as you were in a pension scheme in those years, then you can carry them forward.

You can carry forward if you’re an active member currently building up pension benefits; a deferred member with paid-up pension benefits; a pensioner member, in receipt of pension benefits from your pension scheme, or a pension credit member, where you have a share of your ex-partner’s pension scheme.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X