• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Skills Shortage Costs UK £2 Billion Per Year."

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    The UK has the stronger hand and can just refuse to buy German luxury cars.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The UK does not have to accept them....
    That's right, brillo. The UK has the stronger hand and can just refuse to buy German luxury cars.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    Still the EU, for not agreeing to let UK have Schrödinger's cake.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    Still the EU, for "punishing" Brexit terms.
    The UK does not have to accept them....

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    EU was super useful scapegoat for successive Govts, who would they blame now, immigrants?
    Still the EU, for "punishing" Brexit terms.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    How could you possibly judge? You're thick as mince, only getting the odd contract here and there because of that peculiar "diversity" imperative that exists in the financial sector whereby cretins get equal opportunity.
    Thats what all my teachers said about me. Hopefully soon scientists will derive energy from cretinism then you can power the UK.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Don't worry, the apprenticeship levy will sort out the skills shortage, just like the road tax ensures all those potholes are fixed.
    And its back to 1937.....

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Don't worry, the apprenticeship levy will sort out the skills shortage, just like the road tax ensures all those potholes are fixed.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    EU was super useful scapegoat for successive Govts, who would they blame now, immigrants?
    The EU will continue to be a scapegoat, the propaganda machines will ensure it stays that way for years to come.
    The alt-right will continue to blame foreigners for everything. Mark my words, in a few years you'l have them posting pictures from Crimewatch saying that some of the people in the photos don't have white middle class names, so that's proof that they don't belong in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    A gross over-simplification. At least you actually gave a viewpoint for once instead of just shouting cretin.

I have worked with some good people from overseas. Mostly the quality is much poorer than the UK.

One major asset the UK has is people don't just blindly do as they are told like some countries.

Some young people are put off by high student debts and high cost of housing. There is a growing feeling that social mobility is dead.

The UK is now over crowded. There should be no immigrants until the population is less than 56 million. And after that it should match emigration.
    How could you possibly judge? You're thick as mince, only getting the odd contract here and there because of that peculiar "diversity" imperative that exists in the financial sector whereby cretins get equal opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    unfortunately I expect you are right.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    The successive UK governments didn't want to implement it, because it would have been good for us, instead it's easier to blame the EU rather than to have acted positively for the last 13 years.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Blame Blair, Blunkett, Clarke, Reid, Cameron and May. The EU passed a directive in 2004 which means we could kick out those who can't support themselves or aren't students.
    The successive UK governments didn't want to implement it, because it would have been good for us, instead it's easier to blame the EU rather than to have acted positively for the last 13 years.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Lets follow that trough..

1) Wages increase.
    2) Cost of services and products increase
    3) People purchase less as debt increases further
    4) Exports fall as they become less competitive
    5) Interest rate sky rocket to temper our of control inflation

High five all round. Shall I get out the bunting?
    Pooter follows through will anyone notice the difference?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Lets follow that trough..

1) Wages increase.
    2) Cost of services and products increase
    3) People purchase less as debt increases further
    4) Exports fall as they become less competitive
    5) Interest rate sky rocket to temper our of control inflation

High five all round. Shall I get out the bunting?
    You are Diane Abbott and I claim my forty chocolate bars that you won't need because of your Type 3476 diabetes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X