• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cashing in My Chips, The Final Curtain."

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    That's why he's taking his MrsMarkyMark with him.
    Yeah right.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You're hanging around like a homesick turd. Go on fook off, you still won't get laid in NZ.
    Don't worry you are still known as the biggest turd, on CUK, no one will ever take that away from you, Snowflake

Seems to be something on your mind regarding getting laid......
    I can think of 10,000 reasons why you aren't getting any

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    You're hanging around like a homesick turd. Go on fook off, you still won't get laid in NZ.
    That's why he's taking his MrsMarkyMark with him.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Yes and going to be here for a while as previously stated.

Not going to get rid of me that easily.

Now do run along and try and make some inroads into getting that £10K back before your wife notices, there's a good boy .

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    It's takes big kahunas to emigrate if you are going from a position of comfort.

It's easy to sell your house, pack your bags and ship out.

But to make a success of emigration, mentally it's got to be a "one way trip". To fully integrate in your new home you have to commit. That means moving your pension over. Moving all your funds into the local currency and property market. And even telling your partner and family that if they decide to go back - they are going back alone. Do not hang around expat communities.

Forget annual holidays back to the UK - big funerals only. Holiday in your new region. Forget skyping people in the UK often- just do it at Christmas. Throw yourself into making new friends.

And remember this is a lifestyle migration - so the benefits of cutting yourself off are sometimes going to be unclear - because you have had a decent lifestyle around Europe. Sometimes you might think it was a shallow move - but you have by then committed so that thought has to be dispelled.

It's not easy to pull off a successful lifestyle migration, in some ways it's easier to be an economic migrant - with nothing to return back to.

It's not easy but it can be done. I know many who have done it.
    True, but my family have been connected with NZ for a long time, quite a number still there.

We will be leaving a flat here.

Will be committing with cash over there.

Anyway, opportunities there look good, unlike a number of places currently.

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    replied
    It's takes big kahunas to emigrate if you are going from a position of comfort.

It's easy to sell your house, pack your bags and ship out.

But to make a success of emigration, mentally it's got to be a "one way trip". To fully integrate in your new home you have to commit. That means moving your pension over. Moving all your funds into the local currency and property market. And even telling your partner and family that if they decide to go back - they are going back alone. Do not hang around expat communities.

Forget annual holidays back to the UK - big funerals only. Holiday in your new region. Forget skyping people in the UK often- just do it at Christmas. Throw yourself into making new friends.

And remember this is a lifestyle migration - so the benefits of cutting yourself off are sometimes going to be unclear - because you have had a decent lifestyle around Europe. Sometimes you might think it was a shallow move - but you have by then committed so that thought has to be dispelled.

It's not easy to pull off a successful lifestyle migration, in some ways it's easier to be an economic migrant - with nothing to return back to.

It's not easy but it can be done. I know many who have done it.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Fook sake. Are you still here?
    Yes and going to be here for a while as previously stated.

Not going to get rid of me that easily.

Now do run along and try and make some inroads into getting that £10K back before your wife notices, there's a good boy .

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Far poorer than that, I can assure you
    Fook sake. Are you still here?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Far poorer than that, I can assure you

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Now we know who you really are: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-12-days-there

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Only just saw this thread, best of British to ya, hope it works out for you.

qh

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    Really, I had no idea they accepted that old, Oz is 30 isn't it? Thought I was too old but seems not...

Good luck with the move
    There's a points calculator online, however, as long as you are under 57 you can go for it .

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    I have lived there before xoggoth and I can vouch it is.

Heading towards 50 myself (they accept up to 57 for IT skill visa), but lucky I have family connections there too.

I'm really done with it here currently, shame to say, but that's how it is.

It may turn out to be a good thing, as whoever is in here they are going to be grabbing all they can tax wise .
    Really, I had no idea they accepted that old, Oz is 30 isn't it? Thought I was too old but seems not...

Good luck with the move

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    £100k , as in Sterling? What would be your equivalent permie salary in the UK?

Just trying to see if salaries are about the same over there.

I'm sick of the UK, or rather of what it is becoming.
    Yes, in GBP.

As Senior person you can even get around £90K working for the government.

The best Perm I have been offered here was £130K basic +£30K bonus+ bens as BI Practice Head.
    That was around 8 years ago.

Likely to be less these days

I would say £100K+ here would still be achievable for me here.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I'm different to you, I see going to NZ as a really good opportunity.

The Mrs. and I should be able to get jobs there £100K+, maybe even relocation.
    Invest some money and do a little building, I have all the contacts there.

As for your second point, I'll leave you to work it through, alone
    £100k , as in Sterling? What would be your equivalent permie salary in the UK?

Just trying to see if salaries are about the same over there.

I'm sick of the UK, or rather of what it is becoming.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X