• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I get knocked down but..."

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I wondered that. But Diver is erudite, witty and intelligent - and admittedly quite capable of pulling off scooterscot as a believable sockie.
    Genius!! The attention to detail is magnificent.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...n_England.html

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I wondered that. But Diver is erudite, witty and intelligent - and admittedly quite capable of pulling off scooterscot as a believable sockie.
    I just sent him that link. Maybe he will re-appear?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Are you Diver?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    A real man.

either that or he was on his way to a deal and did not need any erm entanglements with authority figures!

As an aside I cut my finger quite badly on a knife the other week - some direct pressure, elevation and a decent bandage and all a week later is a little scar.

Relatives were like oooh you should have gone to hospital and I was look oooh why? and they were like oooh cos you pay for it so you should use it and I was like oooh but i did not need it and they were like oooh confused.
    Did your Mum apply one of your special Little Miss Snowflake plasters?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    He's still in shock. Seen enough trauma in my time to recognise shock when I see it.

This one time I cut my hand in half with a circular saw, apart from screaming my head off, I was slightly fascinated at seeing my wrist bone sticking out. Looked yellow. Was expecting it to be white for some reason.
    Are you Diver?

Leave a comment:

• Lost It
    replied
    Basic "Fight or flight" response there. And he can't be interviewed because of "legal advice". Not completely in shock then?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And I thought this was a thread about AtW driving....
    ... but then the thread title would have been something like "na na na we're gonna crash"

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    And I thought this was a thread about AtW driving....

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    He's still in shock. Seen enough trauma in my time to recognise shock when I see it.

This one time I cut my hand in half with a circular saw, apart from screaming my head off, I was slightly fascinated at seeing my wrist bone sticking out. Looked yellow. Was expecting it to be white for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    ... I get up again! Then I go to the pub linky

Feck!
    WTF! The Purple Turtle by the looks of it - every proper Reading night out ends up there.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Men and beer!
    ....and ribs....!

This Guy Ran Into a Burning Building to Save His BBQ Ribs

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Men and beer!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Man runs into burning building twice to ‘save’ his beer | myfox8.com

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    He should have lay on the floor and requested an emergency call. To his lawyer.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    A real man.

either that or he was on his way to a deal and did not need any erm entanglements with authority figures!

As an aside I cut my finger quite badly on a knife the other week - some direct pressure, elevation and a decent bandage and all a week later is a little scar.

Relatives were like oooh you should have gone to hospital and I was look oooh why? and they were like oooh cos you pay for it so you should use it and I was like oooh but i did not need it and they were like oooh confused.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X