• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: State Funeral

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "State Funeral"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Well Brexit is about moving backwards -

Did I miss something?
    Queens speech included more than that.

Banning letting agents fees.

Mmm that's it.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Every time the world moves on in any way you complain about not liking it.
    Well Brexit is about moving backwards -

Did I miss something?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The Queen is very old. Brexit is likely to take several years. So the odds are she might never get to see what's on the other side of this mess... and that her death will completely cock up the final stages of negotiations as the entire world goes crazy for months.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Poor taste, if you're alluding to what I think you are.
    It is. If you didn't point out I'm confident that this thread would end in a bad direction.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Monarchy really needs to be allowed to end. No one will replace the calibre of the Queen, she's the last of an era. The world has moved on and so should we.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    You are right. The Queen is the last of the royal diplomats. The remainder of the royal family are Hooray Henrys and hangers on. Time to go.
    Worth a watch

BBC One - The Truth About..., HIV

I think it just skipped a generation.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    62p is bullsh*t as the Buckingham palace refurb alone will cost £362M . How many apartment towers could be made fire safe for that amount?
    Tourists will come without a royal family as well, just check France
    And yes I pay (way too much) tax in the UK and you Corbyn voters will make it worse.
    Do write to those nice people at the Telegraph and tell them they got it wrong. Show them your reasons.

Queen's income rises again as cost of Royal family is 62p per person in the UK 

Oh goody politicisation of a tragedy to win arguments nice! - straight out of the lefty playbook.

I'm a JezzyBull supporter?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Monarchy really needs to be allowed to end. No one will replace the calibre of the Queen, she's the last of an era. The world has moved on and so should we.
    You are right. The Queen is the last of the royal diplomats. The remainder of the royal family are Hooray Henrys and hangers on. Time to go.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    We need something to get the tourists to buy crap.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    don't worry I will pay your 62p a year if you are hard up. its worth it for keeping the Royal Palaces in good condition so the tourists have something to photograph. They seem to be more popular than Karl Marx's tomb for some reason.

Wait a sec are you tax resident in the UK?
    62p is bullsh*t as the Buckingham palace refurb alone will cost £362M . How many apartment towers could be made fire safe for that amount?
    Tourists will come without a royal family as well, just check France
    And yes I pay (way too much) tax in the UK and you Corbyn voters will make it worse.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Waste of money in times of austerity.
    don't worry I will pay your 62p a year if you are hard up. its worth it for keeping the Royal Palaces in good condition so the tourists have something to photograph. They seem to be more popular than Karl Marx's tomb for some reason.

Wait a sec are you tax resident in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    We need a show to let out some emotion - better than having a "Day of Rage".

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X