• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tim Ferriss slow carb diet"

Collapse

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Well done but now you need to start losing weight while eating.
    I kind of mentioned that up there somewhere. Still carrying way too much weight but getting around isn't such a challenge and is helping. Presently shedding more kg is my top priority, for good or bad.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Thank you too, MUN. FWIW, the "diet" has been to eat a decent (but not gargantuan) brekky and then survive the rest of the day on water and tea. Nothing very sophisticated. Just pure energy balance. May not be "healthy" in the long term but that is not a huge priority right now. The ends justifies the means, IMHO.
    Well done but now you need to start losing weight while eating.

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Yep, reaches to the middle of my back or so.
    Thought about getting a flat top for the summer? Keep the back bit, just go short on sides and spiky on top. Bit of gel. Would look proper.

Do you use olive oil on your hair to condition it? It works wonders for dry hair.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Amazing work!!!!!
    Thank you too, MUN. FWIW, the "diet" has been to eat a decent (but not gargantuan) brekky and then survive the rest of the day on water and tea. Nothing very sophisticated. Just pure energy balance. May not be "healthy" in the long term but that is not a huge priority right now. The ends justifies the means, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Wow!
    Thank you, BP.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Wow- great effort. How have you worked out your goal weight?
    Thank you. I am now at ~100kg. Down from ~120. Target is 72kg, but it is going to take a LONG time to get there. Pre-diabetes and fatty liver symptoms are now absent too as a bonus. BP has always been like a yoyo, I keep telling the quacks when they mention BP meds.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    Are you sporting a pony tail round the back there?
    Yep, reaches to the middle of my back or so.

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    replied
    lol. I shaved off my goatie many years ago and my hair currently reaches well passed my shoulders without a bald spot (at least for now), although it is greying at an alarming rate. Glad to see I cast such a flattering online image. Although being a fan of role playing games, board games, comics and computer programming rarely gives people a flattering image.

This is my wife and I before a night out a few months ago:

Are you sporting a pony tail round the back there?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What is a lovely lady like that doing with a guy like you? You must be incredibly rich!

<cue stupid comments from loads of idiots>
    She's just lucky, I guess

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    We did the Jane Plan for 10 months & lost circa 4.5 stone each
    4.5 stone - wow!!!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    BGG & I wanted to lose some weight we both were carrying a bit too much.

Exercise is difficult: ability for him, time for me.

We did the Jane Plan for 10 months & lost circa 4.5 stone each
    The best thing about the plan is that it teaches portion control and makes you think about what you eat, which was a major failing for both of us.

BGG is now happy with where he is, I will probably do another round in a few months but at present we are on normal diets – well the new normal for us anyhow & are maintaining our current weights.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Image removed just in case
    What is a lovely lady like that doing with a guy like you? You must be incredibly rich!

<cue stupid comments from loads of idiots>

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    I'm not taking the piss out of you. I just had this mental image of you as being a fat balding metal head with a goatie. A bit like Rab C Nesbitt if he had GCSEs. That's how you come across on the internet if I'm not mistaken. But now I realise I was in the wrong and i'd like to apologise. But don't take it literally, if possible.
    lol. I shaved off my goatie many years ago and my hair currently reaches well passed my shoulders without a bald spot (at least for now), although it is greying at an alarming rate. Glad to see I cast such a flattering online image. Although being a fan of role playing games, board games, comics and computer programming rarely gives people a flattering image.

This is my wife and I before a night out a few months ago:

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I've lost 20kg the last six months and indeed, the fat comes off from everywhere. My watch strap is now quite loose. I'm pleased about that as the clasp was getting popped open occasionally before. Doesn't do that now. I have maybe around another 27 - 28kg to lose but it is going to take a long time.
    Amazing work!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I've lost 20kg the last six months and indeed, the fat comes off from everywhere. My watch strap is now quite loose. I'm pleased about that as the clasp was getting popped open occasionally before. Doesn't do that now. I have maybe around another 27 - 28kg to lose but it is going to take a long time.
    Wow!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X