• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This Facebook comment about Corbyn is going viral"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Yeah mine was tongue in cheek due to a thread a fee days back.

Cannot be assed to find it.

But in summary

1960s US Tech institutes had arpanet??

1990's tim berners-lee gave us html and www

So the uk gave the 'internet' to the masses

So take your pick really

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    It is to an old timer who was happily standing on picket lines and chumming up to IRA terrorists back in the 1970s.

Problem is the World has long since moved on, but the old fossil is still in his dreams back in those happy days with his love Diane.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    But the internet is not new fangled ...
    It is to an old timer who was happily standing on picket lines and chumming up to IRA terrorists back in the 1970s.

Problem is the World has long since moved on, but the old fossil is still in his dreams back in those happy days.

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    It's a contrived amateurish last minute attempt by Labour spinners to get down wid da kids.

Even Corbyn knows the new fangled Internet is as important as physical soap boxes these days.
    I thought it was complete and utter rubbish to be honest. A total waste of time reading it.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    But the internet is not new fangled the uk invented it in 1992.....
    It was the US.

BT ad gets into a muddle about the internet's origins - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    It's a contrived amateurish last minute attempt by Labour spinners to get down wid da kids.

Even Corbyn knows the new fangled Internet is as important as physical soap boxes these days.
    But the internet is not new fangled the uk invented it in 1992.....

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Oh, I thought the quote that went viral was some soundbite buried amongst all that copy, not the whole thing.

I read the first few lines and started to lose the will to live so gave up.

I'm amazed it got any likes at all bearing in mind the attention span of the social media demographic.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Oh, I thought the quote that went viral was some soundbite buried amongst all that copy, not the whole thing.

I'm amazed it got any likes at all bearing in mind the attention span of the social media demographic.

WGAF what you think ?

You are one fat lazy loser eating KFC in your bed, counting the days till you pop your clogs. You must be very sad to pretend to be a female.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Feck off you lefty loon.
    You'll be in the right pickle of you loose that bet and your Swindon property portfolio crashes under a labour government. 2017 could be your year of years.

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    Only young people take any notice of viral Facebook quotes, and not many of them either if that laboured diatribe had only 5000 "likes" or whatever the number was.

Come the 8th we'll see what the vast majority of voters, even many former Labour ones, really think about Compo and his communist chums.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
    "Bluenose is too good to be a permie!"
    Yeah, right!

Leave a comment:

• Bluenose
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    This Facebook comment about Jeremy Corbyn is going viral - The London Economic

I could not have put it much better. Read it and think if you want to vote strong and stable..
    "The only people it hurts are the..... the top 5% highest earners.

Good, screw them, it’s long overdue. #VoteLabour #ForTheManyNotTheFew !"

ok - that's most of the forum members here screwed.

screw you forum !

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Only young people take any notice of viral Facebook quotes, and not many of them either if that laboured diatribe had only 5000 "likes" or whatever the number was.

Come the 8th we'll see what the vast majority of voters, even many former Labour ones, really think about Compo and his communist chums.
    Communist? Not even the USSR achieved Communism..

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    TL;DR

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by InsertWittyNameHere555 View Post
    I assume the reason Facebook is awash with Pro-Corbyn stuff is that all the tories supports have jobs so are working somewhere rather than pissing about on social media?
    No the Tories main supporters don't know how to use social media as they are coffin dodgers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X