• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where to find a good IFA"

Collapse

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    I use Wealth Matters for this kind of stuff.
    How do their fees structure work ?

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    +1 for Wealth Matters.
    Has anyone used their WRAPS scheme? Is it any good?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by LouC View Post
    To BBP, of course...
    I see you've been posting serious questions in General for 10 years now. Might be best to start asking anything that's remotely serious/finance/contract related in the professional forums.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    +1 for Wealth Matters.

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    I can't help feeling that the misnomer "INDEPENDENT Financial Advisor" should be Brough Superior to the attention of the trading standards people because I have never found one that is truly independent.

They all want you to but some kind of product from which they are going to get kick backs or commission once they've strong armed you into signing up.

What I'd prefer is somebody truly independent whose services you pay for by the hour who can look at your situation and tell you the best thing you can be doing with your money.

Seriously, I could do with somebody like that as I'm so poor at financial planning but I wouldn't entertain seein an IFA because of the above.

Leave a comment:

• LouC
    replied
    To BBP, of course...

Leave a comment:

• LouC
    replied
    Excellent - thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by LouC View Post
    Hi everyone

I have an IFA (an old friend), who attempted to set me up with some life insurance (a relevant life plan through my limited co). Just found out that 6 months on, the ins co are still waiting for some of the paperwork.

Any idea where I can find one can go about finding a decent IFA?

Thanks
    Lou

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    There should be a few good ones in this list.

Leave a comment:

• LouC
    started a topic Where to find a good IFA

Where to find a good IFA

Hi everyone

I have an IFA (an old friend), who attempted to set me up with some life insurance (a relevant life plan through my limited co). Just found out that 6 months on, the ins co are still waiting for some of the paperwork.

Any idea where I can find one can go about finding a decent IFA?

Thanks
    Lou

Working...
X