• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Leeds meet-up - next Thursday"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    No, cause it tastes like pishy dishwater.
    No it doesn't.

I've been to a few beer festivals and seen many students who agree with me fall over.

I only drink 'proper Scottish beer'.....like Becks or Jack Daniels.
    Such a discerning palate -

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    That's cos you are soft.
    No, cause it tastes like pishy dishwater. I only drink 'proper Scottish beer'.....like Becks or Jack Daniels.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    No, I don't drink bitter BarryDidIt would have been drinking some wank ale with a name like "Olde Farmhands Cock" or "Ye Bishop's Hampton" or some such thing.
    That's cos you are soft.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Well yeah, you were schmoozing with your client so didn't want to be associated with us reprobates.
    No, I don't drink bitter BarryDidIt would have been drinking some wank ale with a name like "Olde Farmhands Cock" or "Ye Bishop's Hampton" or some such thing.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    The pint of bitter was most certainly NOT mine !!!
    Well yeah, you were schmoozing with your client so didn't want to be associated with us reprobates.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    The pint of bitter was most certainly NOT mine !!!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    When you guys meet up do you introduce yourselves as AntMan, northernladuk, northernladyuk etc or do you keep your online identity a secret?

I suppose in some cases it's obvious, such as when the grotesquely obese wannabe walks in, you immediately know it's MF.
    Quite the opposite. We only call each other by screen names and won't give our real names. Get some funny looks when the waitress is trying to give everyone their drinks though. Pint of bitter? Ah TestManglers. Gin and tonic? Barrydidit's.. Puts tray down and let's us get our own from there on.

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    End the night in Winstons?

Err.. fo' shizzle

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    You couldn't make it Wednesday could you?

In errm Manchester?

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by Antman View Post

Scabby taps next to the train station to start off.
    End the night in Winstons?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    When you guys meet up do you introduce yourselves as AntMan, northernladuk, northernladyuk etc or do you keep your online identity a secret?

I suppose in some cases it's obvious, such as when the grotesquely obese wannabe walks in, you immediately know it's MF.
    Last Leeds meet I went to, the CUK characters were exactly how I expected them to be. Except Daemon. I expected him to have more teeth.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    Too bad, you're too professional by half!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Ah balls. Can't really call in sick on the last day of my gig so I won't be there. Bugger.

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    started a topic Leeds meet-up - next Thursday

Leeds meet-up - next Thursday

Just putting it out there, because no-one ever goes to the Social/Events page.

Scabby taps next to the train station to start off.
    Last edited by Antman; 18 May 2017, 13:11. Reason: a-hem!

Working...
X