• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Spend and Prosper

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Spend and Prosper"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    No. It is over a year until Brexit.
    :Sigh: yes.

It is nearly a year since the UK took a vote and decided to leave the EU.

And the sky has still not fallen in.

Although the 'threats' we expected from the EU for not following ze rules have certainly materialised.

Leave a comment:

• SandyD
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Why oh why did I ever vote for Brexit? If only I'd believed people like George Osborne who said 100,000 jobs would be lost within a year, we wouldn't be in this ghastly mess with record employment and the economy at an all time high!
    Brexit hasn't happened yet !!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Its been nearly a year since brexit.

And last time i looked the sky had not fallen.

Which is nice.
    Highlighted in that one post is the intelligence of your typical leave voter.

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    good afternoon Sire,

.Net continues to enable Benes Invoicing Ltd and Family to enjoy life to the standard to which they have become accustomed.

Plan B has overtaken Plan A profit wise

Und sie ?

Milan.
    So Plan A (web pages that a teenager could produce) is generating such a pittance that Plan B (selling BBQs at the side of the autobahn to tourists) has finally become the main income. Bombing up and down the autobahn in your Skoda on the weekend, trying to find the best pitch. It's a delicate trade off between fuel costs and cold hard profits on the "use once and throwaway" BBQs you got on eBay.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    You two are on the same kind of level.
    That's a bit below the belt.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I sometimes think that when I read these types of threads that there is one person, with 3 fake identities having a fake conversation with their fake selves.
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Don't be daft, we are all different people you cretin.
    You two are on the same kind of level.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I sometimes think that when I read these types of threads that there is one person, with 3 fake identities having a fake conversation with their fake selves.
    Don't be daft, we are all different people you cretin.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    So your day rate is so low (plan 'A') that you've managed to make more money charging the kids to cross the road while the lolly pop lady is off sick (plan 'B')?
    What a great life eh.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Had debt and hated it. Never realised how much I hated until the day came I had to pay it off. Probably the reason I got into contracting. Now I'm debt free I'd not say I'm a tight with money, quite the opposite in fact, still love to spend but perhaps just not very often.

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Good to hear that Benes.

Plan B is sufficient to survive on now. More than survive I suppose. Plan A will continue a little longer to further grow Plan B.

Almost there.

About time too. Can't be working like these common contractors much longer.
    So your day rate is so low (plan 'A') that you've managed to make more money charging the kids to cross the road while the lolly pop lady is off sick (plan 'B')?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post

Which is nice.
    No. It is over a year until Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Which is nice.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
    Credit cards should be banned, or at least the limit set to a few hundred quid in an emergency. Better still, just have 2 standard bank accounts and have one with a small buffer.

If your credit card limit is a few grand, why not just save it and have your own technical overdraft. Absolute bonkers.
    Credit cards are very handy for the months of February and March when you're about to hit a tax or child benefit threshold.

Leave a comment:

• SeededLoaf
    replied
    Credit cards should be banned, or at least the limit set to a few hundred quid in an emergency. Better still, just have 2 standard bank accounts and have one with a small buffer.

If your credit card limit is a few grand, why not just save it and have your own technical overdraft. Absolute bonkers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X