• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Official (if AtW allows) Labour Manifesto Thread"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Mrs BP and her friends are spitting mad. One sentence on children with SEN. 4 paragraphs on gay rights.

Leave a comment:

• contractorinatractor
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Are they still pledging the 10,000 extra police officers which Diane Abbot had fully costed?

Is this more or less of an incident than a promised reduction and eventual abolition of 'The Defecit'? It isn't happening and was a con to get you to sign-up and authorise a Conservative idealogy against the poor, disenfranchised, and disabled. Most people would say an extremely minor gaff in comparison!

The Tories went on an austerity drive, denigrating the truly disabled and truly dis-enabled, and you lapped it up. When I read comments such as yours, above, it reminds me that you prefer to concentrate on isolated gaffs than the true ethos of the party you are about to vote for, assuming you vote based on the posts you make on this forum.

How to change your mind? Go do charity work for different charities involving abuse, homelessness and people who've been dealt a bad hand in life, often due to bad parents/partners. I assure you it will change your appreciate of your own life and the way in which you view other people who aren't in as good as position as yourself.

One attitude: "tough luck for them!"
    Correct attitude: "Let's enable those people to get back on their feet."

Although many are in wheelchairs and can't do so; they will soon receive the same paltry amount someone on Job Seeker's Allowance. It takes them two or three times as long to get ready in the morning for work, due to the difficulty of living their life, and that is WITHOUT attending prejudiced job interviews that they can often not receive due to a physical condition they did, more often than not, not choose and did not want.

Cheers bro.

Oh, and I notice your type also don't seem all that bothered that the UK enables multinationals to avoid appropriate corporate tax by maintaining your Gibraltar and Cayman islands. Little seems said of that these days - paradoxical.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Has revenue rocketed with the cuts over previous years?
    Nope.

Big boys don't pay CT, so reduction is direct "loss" to Treasury, which is why they massively increased dividend tax (plus to drag pensioners who were forced to invest into shares after bank interest dried up).

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    I think we should adopt the Estonian model. No Corp Tax on profits, instead you tax the distributions. Encourages investment. Imagine 0% Corp Tax but 27.5% Dividend Tax instead.

Imagine unicorns are flying with pigs over 4th runway at Heathrow?

That's how likely your idea is...

Leave a comment:

• SouthernManc78
    replied
    I havent read their manifesto as I have no plans to vote for them but if this news is to believed they will be banning umbrella companies if he gets elected
    Labour pledges to ban umbrella companies :: Contractor UK

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If CT is increased revenue will go down. They need to cut CT to increase revenue.
    Has revenue rocketed with the cuts over previous years?

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Govts own figures project big drop in CT over next few years - big boys don't pay any CT anyway, so reducing CT is just leaving money on the table of dirty tax dodging contractors...

I think we should adopt the Estonian model. No Corp Tax on profits, instead you tax the distributions. Encourages investment. Imagine 0% Corp Tax but 27.5% Dividend Tax instead.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If CT is increased revenue will go down. They need to cut CT to increase revenue.
    Govts own figures project big drop in CT over next few years - big boys don't pay any CT anyway, so reducing CT is just leaving money on the table of dirty tax dodging contractors...

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Well May hired a Blairite.

So if Korbyn wants to be more left he's got to look towards the Communist party...
    True, how fecked are we

As you said rightly earlier we have seen these higher taxes before, unfortunately they just ended up with a lower overall tax take.

Apart from then consequently not being able to afford it, the rest of the manifesto seems really good o.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    Diane Abbott math again i see...

30k/per bobby, OKish for salary + erNI, but I guess uniforms, gear, training, HR/admin/back office are free in Laborland
    In the grand scheme of things those costs are small compared to salaries and of course you forget these 10k new officers won't be on anything like 30k for several years - they'll start as rookies. And to be honest that level of cost inaccuracy is no worse than we have in our estimates every day. I very much doubt this is the worst issue by a long way - if it is then JC is actually a genius

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Well May hired a Blairite.

So if Korbyn wants to be more left he's got to look towards the Communist party...

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Would you expect the Tory manifesto to be more comprehensively costed, or just to say "strong and stable" and that be the end of it?
    Probably the latter, what's your point?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Jeremy Corbyn has defended the appointment of a former Communist Party member who once expressed "solidarity" with North Korea to his election campaign team.

The Labour leader said he did not believe Andrew Murray was a Stalinist and stressed his "special skills" were being used to "temporarily" help the campaign.

Jeremy Corbyn defends appointment of former communist party member | The Independent

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Would you expect the Tory manifesto to be more comprehensively costed, or just to say "strong and stable" and that be the end of it?
    Nah, they will just say that they are a party of low taxes...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X