• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Ultimate Boom!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ultimate Boom!"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Have a
    +

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Have a

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Not true.

You can get a nice terraced house in Nigeria for a little less than £ 1/2 million...

4 bedroom terraced house for sale in Lagos, Ikoyi, Nigeria
    You'd finally meet the prince that gave you that half a million

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
    I wonder sometimes how much is enough.
    I remember when I landed my first contract some years back it felt as if I'd won the lottery.
    Now when I get calls from agents quoting below a certain rate that I would have bitten their hand off for once, I laugh in a smooth way and say 'oh dear me no, I really couldn't do it for that'.

Indeed.... when I first started out less than half my current offer I'd have been like
    Now I couldn't get out of bed for that kind of rate.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Due to globalisation nowheres cheap.
    Not true.

You can get a nice terraced house in Nigeria for a little less than £ 1/2 million...

4 bedroom terraced house for sale in Lagos, Ikoyi, Nigeria

Leave a comment:

• Elliegirl
    replied
    I wonder sometimes how much is enough.
    I remember when I landed my first contract some years back it felt as if I'd won the lottery.
    Now when I get calls from agents quoting below a certain rate that I would have bitten their hand off for once, I laugh in a smooth way and say 'oh dear me no, I really couldn't do it for that'.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Shocking isn't it on a contractor forum n'all?

All my wad is in junk bonds.

qh
    Do tell

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Ok seems enough for poland
    Due to globalisation nowheres cheap.

In the late 80's the Mrs and had I had a great time in India for 10 months.
    We were only spending around £5 a day each.

Nothing comparative now.
    Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 11 May 2017, 14:18.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Have you been?

Certainly not that cheap these days, late 80's when I last went maybe.
    Ok seems enough for poland

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    gratz! I could retire now and pocket around £900 a month for life. Seems enough for places like thailand. But want 3k a month so a bit more...
    Have you been?

Certainly not that cheap these days, late 80's when I last went maybe.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I could retire now and pocket around £8,000 a month with a little bit of ongoing effort.

Greed never ends. I'm disgusted by it all.
    Nice! interesting story though, I'm sure it will be the same with me. but at 3k a month definitely a year of break.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I could retire now and pocket around £8,000 a month with a little bit of ongoing effort.

Shocking isn't it on a contractor forum n'all?

All my wad is in junk bonds.

qh

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    First Ultimate boom in a while.....

Have had some awesome gigs work wise recently but took some dips in rate for convenience and skill set enhancement.

Just landed a really juicy gig not too far away which puts me back at the top end.....

Main purpose is to take that extra money and pump it into plan B so I can get out of contracting hopefully in 1-2 years!

Boom!
    Congrats and much deserved after all this time. Nice feeling I bet!

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    gratz! I could retire now and pocket around £900 a month for life. Seems enough for places like thailand. But want 3k a month so a bit more...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X