• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Premier Inn

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Premier Inn"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    A beds a bed, I'd rather stay in s £60 a night hotel and spent the other £40 on booze

I'll tell you next week as I'm booked into the Travelodge at Greenwich [emoji3]
    Did Travelodge last week - arrived 10pm, left 7:30am - clean, comfortable and quiet, and there was a geocache in the carpark. £40 (would have been even cheaper if I'd booked in advance). Why would I need to spend more?

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by mall View Post
    Thing is there not that cheap anymore. Then again nothing is.

Stayed in a Days Inn just outside Stevenage once. You know your life is great when you are living in a Days Inn!!

One up from sleeping in the car. And I know contractors who have done that before.
    I slept in a tent during summer and put the bill from the campsite on my expenses. Best way to stay away from home for work ever. Weather has to be good though.

Leave a comment:

• mall
    replied
    Premiere inn

This is a contractor forum. Even PC doesn't stay in a Premier Inn.
    Thing is there not that cheap anymore. Then again nothing is.

Stayed in a Days Inn just outside Stevenage once. You know your life is great when you are living in a Days Inn!!

One up from sleeping in the car. And I know contractors who have done that before.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Why do you think the Travelodge public toilets are so filthy?
    How do you know?

Did MF arrange a meet there once?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    never really noticed - have stayed in a few premier inn's generally they are clean and quiet

travelodge are trying to pull themselves out of the tulip.... have stayed in one in Manchester recently - it was ok in that it was clean and not smelly and they served a half decent lager at the bar but what do you want for £45 per night

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Have same experiences with Premier Inn mobile signals. Their free wifi is tulip as well.
    When I open the window and put my phone next to it I usually manage to get a 3 or 4G signal so I can at least use my phone as mobile hotspot

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    PooperShot though...
    Why do you think the Travelodge public toilets are so filthy?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Stayed in Premier Inn's last year going from the South of England to the North. The further North you go, the better they are. The one between Stockton and Middlesbrough is actually quite nice. Travelodge are universally awful.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    PooperShot though...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    A beds a bed, I'd rather stay in s £60 a night hotel and spent the other £40 on booze

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
    Could have been worse, could have been Travelodge, even i won't stay there.
    I'll tell you next week as I'm booked into the Travelodge at Greenwich [emoji3]

Leave a comment:

• anonymouse
    replied
    Are you barred?
    I was trying to camp-out in the hotel room. Gas stove for the tin of Beanz, plus the electric toaster, together they set off the fire alarm. So, yes, but only from certain ones, but only for another 3 months, not that I am returning though.

Worst hotel was were the toilet waste from the room next door backed-up through the shower waste. That place had a hole in the pub floor into the basement, so they just covered it with a table.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
    Are you barred?

Leave a comment:

• anonymouse
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by mall View Post
    No bloody mobile signal in the hotel. Full signal as soon as I step outside.

Quick look online seems to be the case all over the country.

Question is are they blocking the signal.

Anyone else have the same issue.
    The Premier Faraday Cage strikes again.

I've been in hotels which 'somehow' block mobile signal, but then provide really really tulip WiFi.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X