• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Grrrr potholes

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Grrrr potholes"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Hit one recently, thought my careful wheel alignment would be out of order

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I was out cycling the other week and nearly cycled in to a pot hole 367.9 km² wide. It was called Sheffield.

Oh sorry. I mean tulip hole not pot hole. My bad.
    Right the first time. - has autoplay on

VIDEO: Police seize cannabis worth £6,600 in raid in Sheffield - The Star

Police seized cannabis worth £6,600 in a flat in Sheffield.

Officers used a battering ram to smash their way into the property yesterday and found 1kg worth of the drug.

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    I did my usual six stops on the DLR and a nice walk... Can't complain.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I was out cycling the other week and nearly cycled in to a pot hole 367.9 km² wide. It was called Sheffield.

Oh sorry. I mean tulip hole not pot hole. My bad.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Cycling to Victoria from SE London 5 years ago. In New Cross one Monday was a new pot hole - about 3 feet by 3 feet by 6 inches deep. I avoided it.

The next day was raining. Huge puddle. Nuts were forced into the saddle. F**king painful.

Puncture proof tyres means I almost never get punctures.

By the way, what is it you are waiting for me to deliver?

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I was worried you fell off and broke yourself. Anyway report the pothole in case someone else does.

Day - meetings waste of time accept the ones I initiated, asked lots of stupid questions as usual that's about it.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    started a topic Grrrr potholes

Grrrr potholes

Cycling down a hill at some speed and only at the last second did I see the big pothole in front of me. I managed to hop over it with the front wheel, which with hindsight maybe was a mistake as it hit the rear harder. And sure enough, flat tyre. I had a spare, but as I was only a mile or so from home decided to just walk. That can be a job for tomorrow.

Walking past the school in my cycle shorts as the kids were leaving did feel a bit, well, wrong.

So how's everybody else's non-benched day been? Good meetings? Hour wasted in traffic jam/waiting for Southern Rail? Waiting for Geoff to finish what he promised to deliver last week?

Working...
X