• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tories Barometer

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tories Barometer"

Collapse

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You mean Salmond? The ex-leader.

He's in Westminster already doing the job. He's well-known enough to get on the media and strongly supports her.
    I didn't mean anyone in particular, Salmond certainly wouldn't be PM even in this fantasy scenario. I expect the SNP will have a smaller pool of names to pick from in any case come 9th June - the Indyref2 agitation will have seen to that.

Angus Robertson is the SNP leader at Westminster at the moment, not Salmond btw

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Not really. She isn't an MP so won't be ending up as Prime Minister. However, i'm sure she could install a puppet who would in turn keep Corbyn and Farron in check.
    You mean Salmond? The ex-leader.

He's in Westminster already doing the job. He's well-known enough to get on the media and strongly supports her.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Tories worried about backbenchers having too much power so want a smaller majority.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    How about a tenner on Mrs Crankie? Labour / Lib Dem / SNP coalition with Sturgeon as PM to keep the Scots happy.

Stranger things have happened recently!!
    Not really. She isn't an MP so won't be ending up as Prime Minister. However, i'm sure she could install a puppet who would in turn keep Corbyn and Farron in check.

Leave a comment:

• VillageContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    No idea - maybe the SNP?

Would Labour try and use it to gain more votes???
    No - Corbyn wouldn't do it because he doesn't think it's the right thing to do, Irrespective if it helps him win

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Does anyone have a comparison between the who hold each seat in each constituency and which way those constiuencies voted in Brexit?
    It doesn't work.

I'm in one of the parliamentary constituencies that is made up of parts of two different council areas. There are actually quite a few in London. This means while both boroughs voted to remain the percentages were different by about 10 percentage points.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Which party is going to stop Brexit?
    No idea - maybe the SNP?

Would Labour try and use it to gain more votes???

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    or do you not vote based on brexit but based on which party you want in - whether they want to brexit or
    not?
    Which party is going to stop Brexit?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Does anyone have a comparison between the who hold each seat in each constituency and which way those constiuencies voted in Brexit?

Because lets say you normally vote labour and labour are going to campaign to stop Brexit - do you therefore vote tory in the next election?

and vice versa?

or do you not vote based on brexit but based on which party you want in - whether they want to brexit or not?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
    A lot of the labour seats are in strong holds so unlikely to lose them. The tory seats are at risk from lib dems and labour - May will probably win but I don't think it will be the margin she wants and possibly even less than she has now.
    I hope the latter.

I hope she gets a kicking like Zac Goldsmith, who also used Lyton Crossby, did.

Leave a comment:

• VillageContractor
    replied
    A lot of the labour seats are in strong holds so unlikely to lose them. The tory seats are at risk from lib dems and labour - May will probably win but I don't think it will be the margin she wants and possibly even less than she has now.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    13 years labour had and they failed to kill our businesses.
    They sat back and allowed the FTV scheme and a supposed "skills shortage" drag rates through the floor though.

But I guess it is much less trendy to point things like that out, much better to just blame it all on the "nasty heartless Tories".

Leave a comment:

• sbakoola
    replied
    I rest my case m'lud...

BBC - Earth - Sheep are not stupid, and they are not helpless either

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    How many people did IR35 actually become a burden to, before the Tories started messing with it ?
    Just because they were incompetent doesn't mean we have to prefer them to the Tories.

With self employment & Ltd use growing then they have to do something. Someone has to pay for gratuitous New Labour splurges.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    But no one has addressed the really important issue.....

What odds can I get on Corbyn being the next pm. Is it worth a tenner of my hard earned cash?
    How about a tenner on Mrs Crankie? Labour / Lib Dem / SNP coalition with Sturgeon as PM to keep the Scots happy.

Stranger things have happened recently!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X