• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bremainers, if you have tears prepare to shed them now .."

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Oh Dear, you've found another one of those "care in the community" types. Bless, he needs your help, not your condescending attitude. Shame on you.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    In our normal universe, nothing, obviously, but the whole "Michael Howard says we should declare war on Spain" thing seems to have grabbed the national consciousness, to the point whereby some are really struggling to let go of reality. I don't want to do the bloke down, I'm sure he did something useful when he was in office (please don't ask me what, life's too short for the whole looking-for-a-needle-in-a-haystack thing) but he may only just be barely in charge of his own bodily functions, and he certainly doesn't speak for the Government on foreign policy or military issues.
    Will you be the one to tell this guy?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Worth a look: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opini...election,_2017

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    What's Michael Howard and Madrid got to do with the French elections?
    In our normal universe, nothing, obviously, but the whole "Michael Howard says we should declare war on Spain" thing seems to have grabbed the national consciousness, to the point whereby some are really struggling to let go of reality. I don't want to do the bloke down, I'm sure he did something useful when he was in office (please don't ask me what, life's too short for the whole looking-for-a-needle-in-a-haystack thing) but he may only just be barely in charge of his own bodily functions, and he certainly doesn't speak for the Government on foreign policy or military issues.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    What's Michael Howard and Madrid got to do with the French elections?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Can we draw a line under this one FFS?
    Yes the BBC wheeled out Michael Howard, and he gave what some regarded as a coded threat to Spain over Gibraltar, and it's been seized on as a sort of sign from above that all Leave voters somehow want to march on Madrid (we won't, it's too hot, even in April) or send the gunboats into Marbella (we won't, the harbour is full of yachts which are mostly Russian owned, and therefore more heavily armed than our gunboats).
    Nobody took Howard seriously when he was the Leader of Her Majesty's Official Opposition - an experience which some other poor old bugger in Islington is going through right now - so why suddenly start taking him seriously now?
    I'd be surprised if he actually commands a majority in his own house, yet some would have us believe he has the power and charisma (I know, it's starting to look ridiculous now, isn't it) to take us into glorious battle against the Spanish horde. Thanks to spellchecker, that almost became "Spanish whores" but that's a whole different thread.
    Can't you just give it a rest though, he was pretty close to missing his favourite breakfast of coco-pops, and said the first thing that came into his head. I'm sure if I was in his position, I would have dreamed up a far worse punishment for Spain. I'd have sent them Piers Morgan. No country ever fully recovers from that.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    Blair <-- I'll just leave that there for you ...
    Ah you mean the Iraq war, Spain was on our side in that one

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Here's a BBC article from yesterday, summarizing some of the various burgeoning strands of "off message" (relative to the mealy mouthed French mainstream media) political groups.

2017-04-05 French election: Is online far right a threat to democracy?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    Blair <-- I'll just leave that there for you ...
    Is that intended to challenge the statement 'All right wingers want some kind of military conflict'?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    And no doubt Adolph Hitler would have been a big fan of the EU!
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Stalin definitely would!

Back in EUSSR!!!
    Making up nonsense doesn't detract from the apparent fact that just about every political fruit loop and ne'er-do-well in the developed world appears to support Brexit. For those of you who are not at work and have a strong stomach, you may wish to Google as an example:

The David Duke Show: Dr. Duke’s Senate Race, Brexit and Jewish Supremacism

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Stalin definitely would!

Back in EUSSR!!!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Well done, you found your "full-on smarmy git mode" button and pressed it so hard it has now got stuck on permanently.
    I learnt it all from Farage

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    And Kim Jong un is a great admirer of Farage. Another staunch Brexiter.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I don't know much about the ins and outs of French politics, but it sounds like Le Pen has every chance of winning, and Bremainers and suchlike could be in for another face slap like the Trump victory.
    If anyone's interested in reality, if you follow the link in the article the actual number is 56 vs 44. I suppose her support might have dropped suddenly, but I'm tempted to believe it's nationalists making up facts again:

PrésiTrack

Also that's against Fillon, who isn't the lead candidate. Against Macron, which is most likely, the poll puts LePen's support at 40%. Comparing with Fillon is a bit like comparing UKIP to the LibDems and claiming that UKIP are going to win overall.

Even if it does turn out to be true, would having an anti-EU president mean that France leaves the EU? Having a pro-independence Scottish government didn't mean Scots voted for independence, and having a pro-EU British PM didn't stop the British people shooting themselves in the foot either.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Only amongst the ignorant.

ah that's why our Bremainers keep going on about leaving Europe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X