• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexit: Gibraltar angered by Spain's EU 'veto'"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    And yes, I do contract in the UK sometimes...
    Correct.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    OK, simpler question: how many countries in Europe have you worked as a contractor?
    Poland, Ireland, Holland, and Belgium twice.

(If, for example, you worked for the British government or the military and were based abroad for a period of time, that doesn't count as contracting)
    Well your original point was that if someone were never to have left their own limited geographical area, they would have no idea of what life might be like elsewhere.
    You now seemed to have added the caveat that it only "counts" as relevant experience if one is a contractor whilst living and working in some of these environments.
    So are you suggesting that the only way one can glean an understanding of the situation in places like Northern Ireland, or Gibraltar, or anywhere else for that matter is to actually "work there as a contractor"?
    Bit of a random assertion isn't it?
    Or is it just another indicator of how desperate your viewpoint is becoming?

Keep on digging.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Because it is a "contractor" forum, not specifically restricted to IT? And if anyone can be deemed to be a "waste of time", you see him whenever you look in the mirror.

If you are reduced to thumbing through the rulebook then you really are scraping the barrel. Well done.

And yes, I do contract in the UK sometimes...

Welcome to Contractor UK

Contractor UK is home to the UK's IT contracting community. Online since 1999, offering daily news & features, comment, over 6,900 articles, contract jobs, rates, calculators & a very active forum with over 20,000 members. Contractor UK has everything for the successful IT contractor.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I am NOT an IT contractor.
    No tulip Sherlock.
    What you going to do now that your girth and fitness levels preclude you from being the hired help?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    OK, simpler question: how many countries in Europe have you worked as a contractor? (If, for example, you worked for the British government or the military and were based abroad for a period of time, that doesn't count as contracting, nor does handing out fliers on the beach at Ayia Napa)
    He drove to Greggs in Llandudno in 1994 when they had a 1/2 price pie sale on. Does that count?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Because it is a "contractor" forum, not specifically restricted to IT?
    OK, simpler question: how many countries in Europe have you worked as a contractor? (If, for example, you worked for the British government or the military and were based abroad for a period of time, that doesn't count as contracting, nor does handing out fliers on the beach at Ayia Napa)

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Then why are you wasting our time on this forum, trollbhoy?
    Because it is a "contractor" forum, not specifically restricted to IT? And if anyone can be deemed to be a "waste of time", you see him whenever you look in the mirror.

Rule #3.
    (Aka Section 26, paragraph 5)
    If you are reduced to thumbing through the rulebook then you really are scraping the barrel. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I am NOT an IT contractor.
    Then why are you wasting our time on this forum, trollbhoy?

So, over to you Baldrick. Do tell us about your "worldly experience".
    Rule #3.
    (Aka Section 26, paragraph 5)

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Poor old ATW.

Hold their own now, though, so I have heard
    So the rumours are true then?

Alexei no mates

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So you supported Turkey then?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    My team (Scotland) wasn't even playing. I was at a NATO conference in Izmir that week whilst England were in town. Pure coincidence.
    So you supported Turkey then?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Not sure if the stabbing would have been post hanging or not. Luckily I never got to find out.
    A bloody boring 0-0 draw into the bargain!!
    Poor old ATW.

The Russians were late to the football hooligan game.

Hold their own now, though, so I have heard

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Just imagine what would have happened if your team had won!!!
    My team (Scotland) wasn't even playing. I was at a NATO conference in Izmir that week whilst England were in town. Pure coincidence.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    A bloody boring 0-0 draw into the bargain!!
    Just imagine what would have happened if your team had won!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X