• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A course for permanent employees"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    The OP's next idea is to ask London Cabbies to help him to train people to be Uber drivers

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Sure you can....

Exhibit no. 1: Permies get paid for the time wasted on practical jokes. Contractors can't invoice for that time or expense the materials used.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Any true contractor would send a substitute that day.
    That's just it - as a permie you can't!
    Sure you can....

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    That's just it - as a permie you can't!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post
    TBH at least for me anyway, contracting was a piece of piss compared to being permy, permy is a lot more demanding.

Leave a comment:

• BoggyMcCBoggyFace
    replied
    TBH at least for me anyway, contracting was a piece of piss compared to being permy, permy is a lot more demanding.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    May I suggest a course for the other way around - contractors looking to go perm.
    You'll get a lot more takers, be providing something of real big-picture benefit, oh and reduce competition for contractors such as myself who would rather have their teeth pulled without anaesthetic than start a permanent job

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by jub View Post
    What do you think about idea of a course for permanent employees to help start contracting?
    May I suggest a course for the other way around - contractors looking to go perm.
    You'll get a lot more takers, be providing something of real big-picture benefit, oh and reduce competition for contractors such as myself who would rather have their teeth pulled without anaesthetic than start a permanent job

Leave a comment:

• billybiro
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I hope that there will be a module in this course to prepare the perms for the 24/7 contractor lifestyle...

FTFY.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    Only bother with contracting if your in London or don't mind working in Germany.
    Nah, contracting is illegal in Germany after 1/4, new labour laws say so...ANÜ

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    Module for dealing with Agents

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I hope that there will be a module in this course to prepare the perms for the 24/7 contractor lifestyle...

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I think that's how plumbers feel at the moment, like some great hero. Four screws, a bit of piping. 30 mins later, £200 please. Kerrrrrching!
    Looks like some CUKker's Plan B is coming together....

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    I think that's how plumbers feel at the moment, like some great hero. Four screws, a bit of piping. 30 mins later, £200 please. Kerrrrrching!

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Now a course teaching them to bleed radiators whilst dressed as a gladiator? That would get a much more positive reception around here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X