• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Traffic offence advice"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Questions:
    1. Did he do what they are saying? (If no, then fight it, if yes, then continue)
    2. Does he think he is above the law?
    3. Is he happy about the police time and expense that would be spent on this?
    1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Yes - he does realize he had a bad moment.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Hmm.. I thought for more serious offences that can't be dealt with like points on a licence they have a couple of months to notify intent?
    Do you think "I was dashing to see my accountant on the advise of NLUK" would work?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Questions:
    1. Did he do what they are saying? (If no, then fight it, if yes, then continue)
    2. Does he think he is above the law?
    3. Is he happy about the police time and expense that would be spent on this?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Well the first part of this is: Did you receive a Notice of Intended Prosecution within 14 days of the offence?

if not then ask to have the charge set aside.
    Hmm.. I thought for more serious offences that can't be dealt with like points on a licence they have a couple of months to notify intent?

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Well the first part of this is: Did you receive a Notice of Intended Prosecution within 14 days of the offence?

if not then ask to have the charge set aside.

Then you might like to find a solicitor and get them to ask about the chain of custody of the camera footage. As others have previously pointed out on another thread you can't just use any old camera footage in court.

A few hundred quid on a solicitor might be worth it...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Why didn't you push it?

Do you not think riding the wrong way along a road is pushing it enough?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    Well I had to ride the wrong way down a one way street this morning to get to my workplace on Birdcage Walk because of yesterdays fracas.

I'm expecting to be thrown into the tower....
    Why didn't you push it?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    Well I had to ride the wrong way down a one way street this morning to get to my workplace on Birdcage Walk because of yesterdays fracas.

Minus your head, of course

Leave a comment:

• Lost It
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Riding a motorbike on the pavement in London? They're preparing his cell in Guantanamo as I type...
    The only people who ride on the pavement are smash and grab robbers. He's lucky some old woman didn't take her handbag to his head....

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I'm not 100% sure cause it's a while since I was in the drivers naughty boy club, but I think the penalty for that is at the discretion of the magistrate and can be 3-9 penalty points. Is there an offer of a fixed penalty ?
    Riding a motorbike on the pavement in London? They're preparing his cell in Guantanamo as I type...

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    I'm not 100% sure cause it's a while since I was in the drivers naughty boy club, but I think the penalty for that is at the discretion of the magistrate and can be 3-9 penalty points. Is there an offer of a fixed penalty ?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I would suspect for driving a 'motorcycle office' on the road it would be:

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Posted on behalf of a friend(yes really!): -

Inner London offence, riding on a pavement to jump a q... and taken from a cyclist who kindly sent the evidence to metpol from his helmet camera.
    Where does that leave the OP, a severe beating, not fined $200

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I would suspect for driving a 'motorcycle office' on the road it would be:

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    He's 6 foot under in a church yard in Oxfordshire
    Oh no.

Leave a comment: