• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Problems with working from home..."

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They have done an update - linky
    He confirmed to the BBC's James Menendez that he was, despite online speculation, wearing trousers during the interview.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    They have done an update - linky

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    A detailed analysis by a bloke who has experience of being an expert on the telly: Breaking Down the Father on BBC Being Interrupted by His Children

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    From my facebook feed:

Person 1: I don't agree with the way one child was literally dragged on the floor by his arm. A simple pick up would have been acceptable.

Person 2: All measures acceptable in the circumstances

Person 3: Pick up followed by wwf style body slam? :P

Person 1: No amount of 'live' television is more important than child abuse.

Person 3: If this is child abuse I think most parents in Europe probably need locking up.

Person 4: My tubes just tied themselves.

Editor note - the child "dragged by the arm" was a 'her' not a 'him'.
    Last edited by mudskipper; 10 March 2017, 21:02.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    "I'm sorry that's your wife"
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Mother was on phone or making them a meal.
    And didn't want to burn the dog?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    How does the second kid in the walker get such a head start on the mother/nanny?
    Mother was on phone or making them a meal.

She looks in/around and sees kiddies are behaving.

She goes away/turns back, suddenly realises there is a strange silence and sees kiddies scooting down hall entering father's study.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    How does the second kid in the walker get such a head start on the mother/nanny?
    The Gardener has been keeping her happy.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    You need a bolt on your study door that is high up so the kiddies can't lock themselves in. Then by the time they can reach the bolt you remove it as they will understand not to come in.
    You'll also find a need for an airlock or double door mechanism to keep our the noise when they can't get in. They just hammer on until it opens!

Door opens,

Dad: What is it?!

Kinder: Nothing.

Dad: @£$@£

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Similar experiences.

I make sure any conferences calls due combines with mum and kinder visiting the supermarket or other outdoor pursuits.
    You need a bolt on your study door that is high up so the kiddies can't lock themselves in. Then by the time they can reach the bolt you remove it as they will understand not to come in.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The New Age in which we live is creepy
    The CIA takes creepy to a whole new level.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    That's hilarious!

I don't do video calls, but while on conference calls, I've certainly been interrupted by loud calls of "DAD !!"

Or the doorbell ringing for a delivery, after which the courier seems to think that almost bashing the door in with repeated loud knocking is needed.

I've heard people in similar situations. Participants who go for a loud gushing pee without going on mute are quite amusing but do cause collective embarassment
    Similar experiences.

I make sure any conferences calls due combines with mum and kinder visiting the supermarket or other outdoor pursuits.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    That's creepy.
    The New Age in which we live is creepy

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Somebody on Twitter has been Deep Googling the chap and confirmed that it's his wife, not a nanny
    That's creepy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X