• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Five year tax lock 2015-2017. RIP"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    What planet are you one? The pound has nose-dived in the past week.
    https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/quote/GBPEUR=X?ltr=1

I am just back from Czech; the UK is known as the sick man of Europe there. It's like a repeat of the 70s.

GB = gone bust.
    I'm told I wear rose tinted glasses. Shish, it's a secret.

Should be able to pay the EU divorce bill now, what with all that lovely extra revenue from the self employed.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    What's Hunt doing to her?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Five year tax lock 2015-2017. RIP
    Things could be worse....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    For yourself or d000hg?
    Don't tempt me...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Someone has to pay the Brexit tax. It can't all go on the credit card.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    That's it, I am going to flounce
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    That's it, I am asking for another ban.
    For yourself or d000hg?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Why don't you exercise some self-control and just leave?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Nobody is ever bound by a manifesto.
    That's it, I am asking for another ban.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It's same MPs who were elected with that manifesto, so I say they are bound by it.
    Nobody is ever bound by a manifesto. And even if they were, blindly following a plan regardless to changing circumstances is idiotic and so is anyone who thinks that's how it should work.

To be fair, of the promises listed they are tinkering with edge cases aren't they? Has income tax or VAT increased, other than FRS changes? Has NI increased other than that specific to self-employed? If so they can claim this is stretching a promise rather than breaking it

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Look on the bright side. Pound has shot up a little, investors know Tories will stand on the throats of the working class until they give up their last penny. A good for investing in the UK then. I'll get bunting.
    What planet are you one? The pound has nose-dived in the past week.
    https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/quote/GBPEUR=X?ltr=1

I am just back from Czech; the UK is known as the sick man of Europe there. It's like a repeat of the 70s.

GB = gone bust.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    It's same MPs who were elected with that manifesto, so I say they are bound by it.
    I was being sarcastic, couldn't you tell?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Oh but there's a new government now remember? The previous manifesto doesn't count anymore.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Oh but there's a new government now remember? The previous manifesto doesn't count anymore.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X