• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Songs For The Drive Home"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    Oh I've already chosen my drive-off-a-cliff track, should my life turn so bad that such a course of action becomes necessary. It is "Love's Theme" by Barry White:

Selected so as to greatly increase the liklihood of a successful suicide attempt
    Anything by Leonard Cohen would do the trick.

Or Suicide Is Painless if you're feeling a bit ironic.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    How haven't you chosen to go 100mph off a cliff yet?
    Oh I've already chosen my drive-off-a-cliff track, should my life turn so bad that such a course of action becomes necessary. It is "Love's Theme" by Barry White:

Selected so as to greatly increase the liklihood of a successful suicide attempt

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    A couple of weeks ago I was in Paris, and an accordion-playing busker came onto the metro train I was on, and started playing a bit of catchy music that I thought I had heard somewhere before.
    After a but of careful humming, SoundHound identified it for me as being a track called "Those were the days".
    Originally written by a Russian, it has been covered by at least 15 artists in several countries, mainly during the 1960's and 70's
    Since then I've had 12 versions of it playing back to back on my phone. Yes a geeky obsession, and hopefully one I'll grow out of in the next few days.
    This has given me the impetus to put them together in a list. It's a great track:
    That's your drive home music? How haven't you chosen to go 100mph off a cliff yet?

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
    You missed this one
    and this one
    I've added them to my collection

And I've found a heavy-metal version, as that seems to appeal to some on here (a band called Turisas):

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    I have the albums Battlecry and Illusions from Two Steps From Hell group, it's trailer music.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    This was playing on Magic as I got home. Had to leave the engine on:

https://youtu.be/zqq3tW3iACw

PS Forgotten how to post video on CUK again. Bah.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 26 March 2017, 23:03.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Whatever the radio stations turn up.

I prefer some random in my life

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    Would anyone like me to dig out some more?
    You missed this one

Halina Kunicka:

and this one

Rossi Kirilova:
    Last edited by squarepeg; 25 March 2017, 19:58.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    A couple of weeks ago I was in Paris, and an accordion-playing busker came onto the metro train I was on, and started playing a bit of catchy music that I thought I had heard somewhere before.
    After a but of careful humming, SoundHound identified it for me as being a track called "Those were the days".
    Originally written by a Russian, it has been covered by at least 15 artists in several countries, mainly during the 1960's and 70's
    Since then I've had 12 versions of it playing back to back on my phone. Yes a geeky obsession, and hopefully one I'll grow out of in the next few days.
    This has given me the impetus to put them together in a list. It's a great track:

Mary Hopkin:

Dolly Parton:

The Three Tenors:

Bing Crosby:

Vera Lynn (a bit rubbish IMHO):

Englebert Humperdinck:

Nikolay Baskov (in Russian I think):

5th Dimension:

Dalida le temps des fleurs (in French)

True Symphonic Rockestra (Russian)

Hermes House Band (a bit try-hard):

leningrad cowboys:

Päivi Paunu (Finnish):

Paul Mauriat (French, instrumental):

Sandie Shaw:

Would anyone like me to dig out some more?

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Eminem - Bad Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlWVHdLpElU

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Blinded By The Light - Mannfred Mann's Earth Band. Great driving song...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    Wings - Goodnight Tonight

Paul Mc Cartney & Wings

Hmmm.....yeah - a little gem from '79 sees Macca and the boys late jumping on the disco bandwagon.

But it was worth the wait.... A classic.

I had this one on 12" picture sleeve & i remember getting to Goose's at 7 am waiting for them to open so I could get my copy hot off the press. You see only the first few pressings of a 12 incher had a picture sleeve

Leave a comment:

• DannyF1966
    replied
    I was driving home one evening and 5:15 by The Who came on the iPod.... I looked at the clock in the car and it was actually 5:15

Leave a comment:

Working...
X