• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who goes to Iceland?"

Collapse

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Iceland made a big switch to organic veg very early on. I rather liked the idea, if for nothing more than it was totally a 'non-Iceland' thing to do:

Iceland makes big switch to organic veg - The Guardian 15/07/2000

Unsurprisingly, it didn't work out for them.

Leave a comment:

• BoggyMcCBoggyFace
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Their Fake Baileys always used to be good to... £3.50 a bottle
    And their Red-Bull type energy drink called "Bulldog" 4 x cans for £1

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Their Fake Baileys always used to be good to... £3.50 a bottle

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Used to be a good place to pick up a Duck for £5.
    I use to get frozen fish from there when I was a student. Oddly enough a French student with no preconceptions about shops in the UK found they sold it there and was pleasantly surprised by the range. The last time I went to Iceland years ago - I found the range had decreased a lot. The ones near me have closed down though.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Used to be a good place to pick up a Duck for £5.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Snob.

However the point of Greggs is you get it because you are hungry and it's just there....
    It also serves as a social hub for shauny now that they've closed down the Day Centre.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    What a find
    Snob.

However the point of Greggs is you get it because you are hungry and it's just there....

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    They have frozen unbaked Greggs pasties too......
    What a find

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    They have frozen unbaked Greggs pasties too......

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Used to buy pizza there as a student, those Freschetta (sp?) ones.

Leave a comment:

• BoggyMcCBoggyFace
    replied
    I go not for the frozen stuff but they do tend to have good offers on other things like booze, crisps, cakes, house hold stuff etc, also they tend to have branches on highstreet rather than edge of town, the only other shop local to me is Waitrose and that who hardly has offers on.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Interesting - you can buy frozen soup.

WHY?
    Gazpacho ?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Because it's a frozen food retailer - their stores are row after row of freezers with little shelf space. So stick whatever you can into one of the many freezers rather than on one of the small numbers of shelves. That's my guess anyway.
    They sell fresh unfrozen food including milk plus bread as well so why do they need to freeze soup? It's crazy.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Interesting - you can buy frozen soup.

WHY?
    Because it's a frozen food retailer - their stores are row after row of freezers with little shelf space. So stick whatever you can into one of the many freezers rather than on one of the small numbers of shelves. That's my guess anyway.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    And those Metros had a tiny boot space.
    She was much thinner then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X