• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Was 2006 the best CUK year ever?"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

Not to mention most of the twaddle posted back then would get you banned these days.
    There were no snowflake mods back in them days. Real Worldly men and women. CUK was all spit and sawdust.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Yep. Google ContractorUk and Yuku and you'll see the pre 2005 board. Before that was another from about 98/99 but has been lost. I was top poster on that one ;-)
    Ooh, that's weird to read. Was still in my first ever "real" job then, dreaming of contracting one day!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Why did so many join in July 2005?

Were you all migrated or something?

I'm only on here, diydoctor and pistonheads. Was on Shout99 for a bit but it died a death.
    Yep. Google ContractorUk and Yuku and you'll see the pre 2005 board. Before that was another from about 98/99 but has been lost. I was top poster on that one ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Why did so many join in July 2005?

Were you all migrated or something?

I'm only on here, diydoctor and pistonheads. Was on Shout99 for a bit but it died a death.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And here's the quintessential proof of my my point.
    We are CERTAIN something is causing that, we just don't have a fooking clue what it is.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    An "established fact" yet the reason remains a mystery, eh sas? Sounds like this is quality research right enough.

And here's the quintessential proof of my my point.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Whatever the reason, the decline in Western IQ is an established fact noted by many studies.
    An "established fact" yet the reason remains a mystery, eh sas? Sounds like this is quality research right enough.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    You really really need to read up on the fall in IQ in the Western World. It's no joke.

PS. I'm aware of the overall fall in fertility in much of the world.
    The problem is the relative rates of fertility between the educated and the not so educated in the West.
    It's well know that more educated women delay having children, and have fewer, if they have them at all.
    Googled it. IQ in “Western Nations” Dropping as Percentage of Whites Shrink - The New Observer

It says it's due to immigrants.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    You really really need to read up on the fall in IQ in the Western World. It's no joke.
    Suity is doing his bit.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    You really need to read up on the fertility curve...

PS. I'm aware of the overall fall in fertility in much of the world.
    The problem is the relative rates of fertility between the educated and the not so educated in the West.
    It's well know that more educated women delay having children, and have fewer, if they have them at all.
    Last edited by sasguru; 13 February 2017, 17:32.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Because, Thicko, China had a one child policy for decades .
    And there, as in many other Asian countries there is no generous welfare state.
    You don't get a council flat and full benefits and free healthcare as a chavtastic single mum.
    So if you're poor and have lots of kids its likely that a couple will die from child mortality becuase you can't afford their medicines etc etc.
    Basically survival of the fittest, and the rich and well educated are fitter for reproducing.

Whatever the reason, the decline in Western IQ is an established fact noted by many studies.
    You really need to read up on the fertility curve and demographic transition

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Er, why aren't thickos breeding more than clever people in Asia too?

Because, Thicko, China had a one child policy for decades .
    And there, as in many other Asian countries there is no generous welfare state.
    You don't get a council flat and full benefits and free healthcare as a chavtastic single mum.
    So if you're poor and have lots of kids its likely that a couple will die from child mortality becuase you can't afford their medicines etc etc.
    Basically survival of the fittest, and the rich and well educated are fitter for reproducing.

Last edited by sasguru; 13 February 2017, 13:43.

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    I've seen it with other boards. The 'old timers' form a clique and newcomers are put off. A lot of the questions which are answered with "Have you asked your accountant?" or "Read the guides on the right" are newcomers trying to break the ice. They get a terse reply and never come back.

Of course, some of these are snowflakes who wont listen to the advice and reject the answer given to them, but once it becomes a clique of regular posters with in jokes, the boards become unwelcoming.

Most people have a different persona for the internet, they become a lot more bolshy. I imagine some of the more arseholey people on here are actually decent people to talk to in real life and probably more approachable with some of the more common questions.

Net result - web boards go into decline. People go back to abusing others on Facebook or Twitter.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    It's very simple. Western IQ is declining.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/blogs/sid...94.html?ref=gs

Basically thickos are breeding more than clever people.

Explains the decline of CUK, Brexit and Trump.

Asia will be dominant in our grandchildren's time.
    Er, why aren't thickos breeding more than clever people in Asia too?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    It's very simple. Western IQ is declining.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/blogs/sid...94.html?ref=gs

Basically thickos are breeding more than clever people.

Explains the decline of CUK, Brexit and Trump.

Asia will be dominant in our grandchildren's time.
    Your generous contribution is duly noted.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X