• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Knutsford chat

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Knutsford chat"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Same here.

And all the Indians I worked with at Accenture voted Brexit.

Hmmm... I wonder why...

To be honest, I was flabbergasted they even had a vote (and sc clearance .
    So the Indians you worked with were actually British. They either had ancestral passports, where born here -moved back to India to be educated and moved here again - , or just moved over as adults and nationalised hence they haven't lost their accents.

Maybe you should talk to people nicely and with interest - food is always a good starting point as they love (laughing) at non-Indian people trying to cook their cuisine - so you can find out their backgrounds.

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Feck they have over a billion.

Oh and that's one of the reasons I voted Remain.
    Same here.

And all the Indians I worked with at Accenture voted Brexit.

Hmmm... I wonder why...

To be honest, I was flabbergasted they even had a vote (and sc clearance .

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Aye, AE is the champagne capital of Britain. Footballers' wives territory no question about it. Phil Neville's house was for sale on rightmove a couple of years ago, complete with a custom cloth on the pool table with Neville 18 on it.
    Still for sale quackers!

6 bedroom detached house for sale in Hilltop, Hale, WA15

Leave a comment:

• skysies
    replied
    Yes, I always suspected there would be some trade deal with India that required us to issue lots of visas to Indians so they can come here to work.

In fact I read somewhere (and it could have been here but more likely the DM) that the Indian govt is actively looking at offloading a few million of its citizens.
    If the British govt does this it will be a fatal mistake. Well, as they say, you reap what you sow

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Yes, I always suspected there would be some trade deal with India that required us to issue lots of visas to Indians so they can come here to work.

In fact I read somewhere (and it could have been here but more likely the DM) that the Indian govt is actively looking at offloading a few million of its citizens.
    Feck they have over a billion.

Oh and that's one of the reasons I voted Remain.

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by skysies View Post
    Welcome to post-Brexit Britain

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The shop that sells the lovely wool socks?
    Running Bear I believe it is called.

qh

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Have to admit I went to a running shop in Alderley Edge and that out Knutsforded, Knutsford, or out WAGGED it. Two lambos, one mclaren oodles of Evoques and Aston Martins (and this place is tiny). Me and my lad had a laugh at the many daft bints in high heels, orange skin tottering about with small dogs in handbags.

qh
    The shop that sells the lovely wool socks?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Could we keep this thread on topic please.. or about boobs... rest of the banter can go to General.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• skysies
    replied
    Yes, I posted earlier in this thread about my experiences working for a large consultancy where this was exactly the case.

Once the Indians move into middle management levels, a lot of these organizations will become closed shops.

Saw exactly the same thing happen in the Middle East in the banking sector. When they call the shots, they will only ever recruit from their region.

They were called the Indian Mafia with good reason.

The locals never suffered though, just western ex-pats really. The Gulf Arabs aren't a bunch of self hating, hand wringing pussies and have governments that actually put the needs of their citizens first.

Can't ever see that happening here
    Welcome to post-Brexit Britain

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Have to admit I went to a running shop in Alderley Edge and that out Knutsforded, Knutsford, or out WAGGED it. Two lambos, one mclaren oodles of Evoques and Aston Martins (and this place is tiny). Me and my lad had a laugh at the many daft bints in high heels, orange skin tottering about with small dogs in handbags.

qh
    Aye, AE is the champagne capital of Britain. Footballers' wives territory no question about it. Phil Neville's house was for sale on rightmove a couple of years ago, complete with a custom cloth on the pool table with Neville 18 on it.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Yep, Rolls Royce dealership just up the road too. Proper Cheshire Set territory. If they ever fixed the M6 properly I might be able to see less of it.

qh

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Certainly is. Cheshire WAG place, McLaren dealership, etc but there are some nice places to eat, used to live a few miles away.

qh
    Yep, Rolls Royce dealership just up the road too. Proper Cheshire Set territory. If they ever fixed the M6 properly I might be able to see less of it.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Knutford chat

Oh, is there a town called Knutsford?

I only know the services. Used to get stuck there all the time hitching down from Newcastle back in the day...
    Certainly is. Cheshire WAG place, McLaren dealership, etc but there are some nice places to eat, used to live a few miles away.

qh

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    started a topic Knutsford chat

Knutsford chat

And actually being over two miles from Knutsford train station. That certainly flummoxes alot of the Bobs.

qh
    Oh, is there a town called Knutsford?

I only know the services. Used to get stuck there all the time hitching down from Newcastle back in the day...

Working...
X