• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Life long Tory seeking new home"

Collapse

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    My convective MP
    No one likes a thunderstorm.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    OK opening myself up to all sorts of abuse and ridiculisation here, but anyway. Have always been centre right Cameronite type of Tory, even before I became a British citizen, I voted for similar parties abroad.
    My MP (Tory) will vote for the Brexit bill and we're in a constituency with a huge majority for remain. Can't identify myself with the Brexit bullies that rule the conservatives at the moment.
    So I'm wondering what I should vote next. Leaning towards lib dems, but the UK lib dems are a bit too left, whereas in Europe most of the libdem parties are centre right, there is not a real party filling the gap that has now appeared.
    My conservative MP’s constituency is a marginal with the Lib-Dems. The MP was in the remain camp and almost 70% of the constituents voted to remain. However, the MP has changed sides and he is now pro-Brexit. He knows that he will be out in the next GE. The Lib-Dems are the only alternative.
    Last edited by Paddy; 29 January 2017, 16:10. Reason: change of weather

Leave a comment:

• sirja
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Any links to the latest on Italy's banks?

As requested....

https://edelsonwave.com/real-wealth/...currency-83892

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by sirja View Post
    Well if my predictions are right (Not looking good at the moment but it's still early days) The following would have happend by 2020.......

The reality of the REAL COST of Brexit would have hit the UK full in the face. Mrs Mayhem would have been completely and totally humiliated in the so called negotiations, the economy would have taken a sharp turn for the worse. In those circumstances a coalition of Pro EU Tories will line up behind the banner of House Osborne and take back the throne. I then expect the House of Commons to seek the softest of soft Brexits in that case you can stay a Tory.
    Now the big fly in the ointment with this prediction is ITALY. If their banks go tits up this year as some are forecasting that has the potential to unleash massive economic chaos in the Eurozone and maybe bring down the EURO. In such circumstances we would ALL suddenly become the hardest of hard Brexiters!!
    Any links to the latest on Italy's banks?

Leave a comment:

• sirja
    replied
    Well if my predictions are right (Not looking good at the moment but it's still early days) The following would have happend by 2020.......

The reality of the REAL COST of Brexit would have hit the UK full in the face. Mrs Mayhem would have been completely and totally humiliated in the so called negotiations, the economy would have taken a sharp turn for the worse. In those circumstances a coalition of Pro EU Tories will line up behind the banner of House Osborne and take back the throne. I then expect the House of Commons to seek the softest of soft Brexits in that case you can stay a Tory.
    Now the big fly in the ointment with this prediction is ITALY. If their banks go tits up this year as some are forecasting that has the potential to unleash massive economic chaos in the Eurozone and maybe bring down the EURO. In such circumstances we would ALL suddenly become the hardest of hard Brexiters!!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
    I think you shouldn't vote at all, for two simple reasons.

1. You are so uninformed that you think a Brexiteer is in charge of the Conservatives. FYI the current Prime Minister is a Remainiac called Theresa May.

2. You are a foreigner.

HTH
    RACIST!

1. Many UK citizens who don't "click" with politics are as uninformed as him.

2. This is pure racism. Who gives a tulip he didn't move to live, work and pay taxes in the UK until he was an adult.

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
    1. You are so uninformed that you think a Brexiteer is in charge of the Conservatives. FYI the current Prime Minister is a Remainiac called Theresa May.
    A Pro-EU Theresa May would be opting for the softest of soft exits, either where we don't actually leave the EU (a second referendum?), or where we only leave in name but effectively remain mostly a member, or maybe the EFTA/EEA option. A pro-EU Theresa May wouldn't be going for leaving the single market. She would be talking behind the scenes with the EU27 to say how she has to be seen to be leaving the EU without actually leaving the EU.

A Eurosceptic Theresa May, with an axe to grind and a definite anti-EU agenda, would be talking about leaving the single market.

A Eurosceptic Theresa May may well have sided with remain, quietly, for the purposes of the referendum. In the event of a leave vote, Cameron would resign. Boris would be the pro-exit leader to be, no room for two pro-exit candidates. This was May's chance, but she had to be seen to be on remain side to have a chance against Boris. That chance came in the shape of Michael Gove and she just happens to be leading the Tories at a time of entirely ineffective opposition.

At least she isn't Donald Trump.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    My MP (Tory) will vote for the Brexit bill and we're in a constituency with a huge majority for remain. Can't identify myself with the Brexit bullies that rule the conservatives at the moment.
    So I'm wondering what I should vote next
    What you need to do is turn up at the Polling Station with a pram full of toys. Then noisily spend the rest of the day throwing the toys out of the pram before spoiling your ballot paper.
    That way everyone will immediately recognize that you are a staunch Bremainer, and you needn't feel guilty about whoever it is that gets elected in your area,

HTH

Leave a comment:

• hugebrain
    replied
    Can't identify myself with the Brexit bullies that rule the conservatives at the moment.
    I think you shouldn't vote at all, for two simple reasons.

2. You are a foreigner.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• teapot418
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I'll let him off on that one then. Clegg on the other hand, send him back to LOTSW.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
    What was his view on tuition fees?

:traitor:
    Against see Tuition fees: How Liberal Democrat MPs voted

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Vote CUK aka Monster Raving Looney! If elected, there will be no tax on pies, BigMacs or asking your accountant questions.

Assuming there are 325 CUK MPs, the party will be ruled by admin as PM, cojak as chancellor, NAT as foreign secretary and WTFH as home secretary. Any objections will result in immediate expulsion.

Leave a comment:

• teapot418
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I've known Tim for 25 years. He's no different now than when he was at Uni...
    What was his view on tuition fees?

:traitor:

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
    I'm a left leaning teapot. Labour don't stand a chance round teapot towers, so I've generally gone with LibDems. But that Farron chappie is such a snotty wet drip he does the party no favours. I get that people are upset about Brexit, but he needs to get over himself.
    I've known Tim for 25 years. He's no different now than when he was at Uni...

Leave a comment:

• teapot418
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I will vote for Lib dems next time, turns out they are most sensible of the lot, if only they were a bit less taxing and more pro making money, they'd have real chance to replace Liebor as HM Opposition
    I'm a left leaning teapot. Labour don't stand a chance round teapot towers, so I've generally gone with LibDems. But that Farron chappie is such a snotty wet drip he does the party no favours. I get that people are upset about Brexit, but he needs to get over himself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X