• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Amazon Prime

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Amazon Prime"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by kempc23 View Post
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Probably the Chicago town pizzas?
    They are nice! Remnant from my student days.
    Free norks....!!!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Disgusting

Leave a comment:

• kempc23
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kempc23
    replied
    Why?

Leave a comment:

• Chuck
    replied
    Just add an amazon gift card in to make up the £20!

Chicago town peperoni pizzas £1
    Pack of mini eggs £1
    Amazon voucher £20

Amazing!

The only thing I dont like about Prime Now is that it automatically defaults to a £2 tip, which you have to remember to remove each time.

I think that has to be the saddest thing I have ever read.

Leave a comment:

• kempc23
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    This is my problem as well.
    Just add an amazon gift card in to make up the £20!

Chicago town peperoni pizzas £1
    Pack of mini eggs £1
    Amazon voucher £20

Amazing!

The only thing I dont like about Prime Now is that it automatically defaults to a £2 tip, which you have to remember to remove each time.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Run out of gin at 8pm on a cold winters night and you are already in your PJ's - no problem order a new bottle from Prime Now (+snacks) with 1 hour delivery - on need a bacon sandwich on a Sunday morning tap that 1 hour delivery button

Record so far is 25 minutes

Also check out Prime Fresh or Prime eats if in your area
    For all of them I would put my long coat and boots on then walk across the road to the corner shop.

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Run out of gin at 8pm on a cold winters night and you are already in your PJ's - no problem order a new bottle from Prime Now (+snacks) with 1 hour delivery - on need a bacon sandwich on a Sunday morning tap that 1 hour delivery button

Record so far is 25 minutes

Also check out Prime Fresh or Prime eats if in your area

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Yeah there is that too. But it's still impressive how they can get a bottle shipped to my door cheaper than a large supermarket, they still have to pay shipping.
    I'd rather buy from TheWhiskyShop but the prices are much higher AND it's £6 P&P Amazon only pay (or don't pay) tax on profits though so even without dodging tax I think they'd still be cheaper simply as they have no shop front AND huge economy of scale.

Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
    The guys that deliver to me on Sundays are not Royal Mail even now.
    True but they're reliant on other peoples' networks. I would be uncomfortable about that... in the postal strikes of the 70s (?) lots of business went bust including my father's.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    158 orders in 2016

the prime movies are sometimes worth watching and there are some 'decent' shows - the kids like Arrow

For me though it is £70 odd quid a year - which amounts to about 6quid a month which is peanuts when you consider that a pint in some london pubs will cost you that

hell in my local perroni is about 4.25 so....
    had you down as a shandy drinker.

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    158 orders in 2016

the prime movies are sometimes worth watching and there are some 'decent' shows - the kids like Arrow

For me though it is £70 odd quid a year - which amounts to about 6quid a month which is peanuts when you consider that a pint in some london pubs will cost you that

unlimited cloud storage for photo's too and about 5GB of videos, I backed up about 2TBs of the kids pictures that were sitting on hard drives that never saw the light of day, now via the firestick or app, we can scroll through the last 10 years worth of pics and it doesn't seem quite so pointless

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    158 orders in 2016

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Apparently in the states where they have had it for while No1 use seems to be when running out of booze at a party.

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    has anyone used Prime Now?

I used it a few times when it first launched about a year ago in Bham, minimum spend of £20 but when you get home in the evening and find the cupboards or you're unexpectedly out of nappies or wipes, order on your phone and within 2 hours goods are delivered

Leave a comment:

Working...
X