• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Remnants - why don't you leave?"

Collapse

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
    Careful what you wish for. When the foreigners and the remainers leave you will be left to pay the national debt off.
    I think they will leave too, hopefully, the Queen shall pay the debt.

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Some of you already have but want to keep whinging about what the rest of us want.

Some of you have said you're going to leave but haven't.

If you hate what the majority of this country wants as clearly as you seem to; if you hate democracy as much as you seem to; if you want to be controlled by other country's members that you can't vote to remove, then why are you still here?

Stop whinging and do something.

The rest of us have done something and are prepared to live with whatever comes. The rest of you just seem to want to run along like little lemmings, doing whatever it is you are told to. Have the courage of your convictions and move to central Europe and make new lives for yourselves somewhere with massive youth unemployment and where your children will have little chance of getting work.

Grow some nuts! (for ATW to chew on).

**** This is a public service broadcast from GB9 to counter the patronising bollox being spouted by the ARP (arrogant remnant party)****
    Careful what you wish for. When the foreigners and the remainers leave you will be left to pay the national debt off.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    No, your mummy's fat.
    Here's a ball for you to play with. (I think you have rather more class than GB9), so an upper class rugger ball for you, clever lad.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    there are arguments when each generation started.
    You have arguments for everything, sadly though, none of them ever stack up.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    He does not have the dynamism or backbone to be a Boomer.

He is too old to be a millenial.

That leaves him as either Gen X or Gen Y.

The fact that he comes across as a needy self-absorbed moron means that whichever of those 2 he is, my insults were entirely applicable.

Happy now?

Nah because that's complete tulip.

Oh and there are arguments when each generation started.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    You are planning to work in Trump's team that's why you avoid answering the question I asked you.
    He does not have the dynamism or backbone to be a Boomer.

He is too old to be a millenial.

That leaves him as either Gen X or Gen Y.

The fact that he comes across as a needy self-absorbed moron means that whichever of those 2 he is, my insults were entirely applicable.

Happy now?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Firstly, using "majority" to describe 51.9% is, while semantically correct, is disingenuous at best. That's in the region of an error margin and any reasonable person understands the result could have slipped the other way. More to the point, had they slipped the other way, I highly doubt the leavers would have stayed quiet.

Secondly, I have almost no doubt that a good percentage of leavers had no real idea what it was they were voting for and I'm absolutely positive that May won't be giving them what they thought they wanted.

So off you ****, there's a good chap.
    There's almost enough horsecrap in that lot to take care of my garden, what with spring coming up fast. Still, good to see you're still stewing over the result, and if my Leave vote has helped achieve anything, it has given you utterly gullible souls a miserable few months. That's me happy then.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    As neither of you seem able to work it out, why not work together on it? Use crayons if it helps!

You are planning to work in Trump's team that's why you avoid answering the question I asked you.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    You were the one I asked specifically what generation was darmstadt born into
    As neither of you seem able to work it out, why not work together on it? Use crayons if it helps!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    So on top of all the other things you don't understand, you don't even know what generation you were born into?

That is a whole galaxy of stupid further on from not knowing what day of the week it is!!

You were the one I asked specifically what generation was darmstadt born into but you stated I was confused or drunk. Either you didn't understand my question due to being thick, or you are practising for when you try to become a UKIP MP.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    So on top of all the other things you don't understand, you don't even know what generation you were born into?

That is a whole galaxy of stupid further on from not knowing what day of the week it is!!

Every single comment you make, you seem to be talking to and about yourself

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Answer the question or is your generation so intelligence impaired that they can't understand the question

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Answer the question or is your generation so intelligence impaired that they can't understand the question
    Patience is a virtue of the elders.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    What generation is that then?
    darmstadt's generation. FFS....are you still confused, drunk, or both?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    There was a referendum in 1975 in which a decisive majority voted to stay in the EEC. That didn't stop some people complaining about it for the next forty-odd years. To suggest that a wafer-thin majority in last year's referendum means anybody who disagrees with the result should just shut up and put up is hypocrisy, not democracy.
    yep there was .

EU referendum: Did 1975 predictions come true? - BBC News

Enoch Powell, the maverick right wing Tory who had just become an Ulster Unionist MP, and left wing Labour cabinet minister Tony Benn - the loudest voices in the Out campaign - talked endlessly about it.
    In its leaflet to voters, the Out campaign warned that the Common Market "sets out by stages to merge Britain with France, Germany, Italy and other countries into a single nation," in which Britain would be a "mere province".
    The In campaign openly acknowledged that being a member of the EEC involved "pooling" sovereignty with the eight other nations who were members at the time.
    But it said Britain could not go it alone in the modern world and it assured voters that British traditions and way of life were not under threat.
    The In campaign also stressed that all the big decisions in Europe would be subject to a prime ministerial veto - something that no longer holds true 41 years later - and that there was no need for Community-wide laws apart from for a "few commercial and industrial purposes". Today's Leave campaigners would take issue with that "few".
    Enoch Powell was asked to explain why the British people had ignored his warnings about giving up the power to determine laws, as it became clear that his side had lost.
    "It is a thing so incredible to them that I am not inclined to blame them overmuch," he told the BBC.
    we were sold a pup!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X