• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Change in Economic model"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Tell us more Chicken-Licken!! And will the sky fall in also?

Honestly sas, you really are the biggest lily-livered surrender-monkey around. And given the calibre of hare-brained alarmist chuckleheads that comprise the remain camp round here, that is some accolade.

I'm doing well. My EU business in selling tin foil hats on the Algarve has seen double-digit year-on-year growth. My analyst on the ground hasn't got to the reason behind it but I have my suspicions.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm merely pointing out that it's easy to create growth through spending and borrowing, but eventually the piper will be have to be paid.
    That's why U.K. GDP is growing faster than the EU. It's a debt fuelled spending splurge made worse by the QE that was switched on immediately after the Brexit vote.
    Reminds me of the Thatcher years when credit got out of control twice, each time causing a recession-

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Tell us more Chicken-Licken!! And will the sky fall in also?

Honestly sas, you really are the biggest lily-livered surrender-monkey around. And given the calibre of hare-brained alarmist chuckleheads that comprise the remain camp round here, that is some accolade.

More verbal diarrhoea from the master.
    DO explain why you think Trumps policies of borrowing to spend on his voters will make the US economy better in the long run?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    So first you predicted disaster but now you have covered yourself by saying it will be "good" for several years.

Nice move. You've backed both outcomes.
    I'm merely pointing out that it's easy to create growth through spending and borrowing, but eventually the piper will be have to be paid.
    That's why U.K. GDP is growing faster than the EU. It's a debt fuelled spending splurge made worse by the QE that was switched on immediately after the Brexit vote.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    And that's in addition to the UK having the highest growth of all developed economies in 2016. DESPITE Brexit. And having jumped above the US and Switzerland as the place for top talent to move to. And in addition to 20 angry birds moving to the UK!
    Sadly that is all bollocks and you know why, because experts from the IMF said it and as every self respecting Brexiter knows, experts are not to be trusted

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I'd rather have EU setting up tax rates because they would not be able to do it easily like Cons who got elected and smacked 25% increase in dividend tax without talking about it.
    Flew in from Miami Beach with JC
    Didn't pay tax last night
    On the way the paper bag was on my knee
    Man, I had a dreadful flight
    I'm back in the EUSSR
    You don't know how lucky you are, boy
    Back in the EUSSR, yeah

Been away so long I early knew the place
    Gee, it's good to be back home
    Leave it till tomorrow to unpack my tax
    Honey disconnect the phone
    I'm back in the EUSSR
    You don't know how lucky you are, boy
    Back in the EUS
    Back in the EUS
    Back in the EUSSR

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Meanwhile back in the EU....

https://twitter.com/EP_President/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

A new system of EU-imposed taxes on the way. Good luck with that.

Luxembourg is of course excluded as are any that bought Juncker Bonds...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I'd rather have EU setting up tax rates because they would not be able to do it easily like Cons who got elected and smacked 25% increase in dividend tax without talking about it.

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Meanwhile back in the EU....

https://twitter.com/EP_President/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

A new system of EU-imposed taxes on the way. Good luck with that.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    And gdp at 2% is higher than any other developed country in 2016.
    No, retard, it's not 2% higher than any other developed country, due to devaluation it's 25% LOWER, because GDP for comparison purposes is measured in USD or EUR, $1.60 (rate that would have been in event of No vote) to 1.20, and it will fall 20% more in the coming years.

Next referendum will have 2 questions:

1) Do you want to join EU? Answers: YES/YES
    2) Do you want to remove right to vote from Brexit cretins who got this country into deep tulip? YES/YES PLEASE!
    Last edited by AtW; 17 January 2017, 00:00.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    What growth? In relative terms UK lost 25% GDP and will soon be out of top 10 countries by GDP.
    Lost 25% of what? If you mean currency devaluation then firstly, it's not 25% and secondly, most major nations would love to devalue their currency. Japan has been trying for years.

And gdp at 2% is higher than any other developed country in 2016.

Do you read the news? Have you seen that EU members are starting to accept the UK holds the cards in negotiations. Do you accept that Trump is much less pro-European than Barmy was? Everyone else does.

You must have lost a lot to be this upset. The EU is flecked.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Have you checked how much the buy back rate is?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Just remember that you've asked for it
    Yep.

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold...rice-per-kilo/

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Mind you it will look good for a few years.
    So first you predicted disaster but now you have covered yourself by saying it will be "good" for several years.

Nice move. You've backed both outcomes.

However you should have said this:

Mind you it will look good for a few years. Or stagnate. Or collapse as I originally predicted 30 minutes ago. I plan to move to Portugal and live in out my dotage eating Piri-Piri chicken anyway, so nothing affects me, because I am so intelligent and you lot are cretins. HTH BIDI

Here's some easy reading for you.

Mind you they seem to have dumbed it down since I read it aged 4. Chicken Licken appears to escape rather than being eaten.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Who cares? As long as we are happy.
    Just remember that you've asked for it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X