• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Oxo

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oxo"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Them £5000000 notes will be plastic in no time...
    I think you'll find they're Tesco Finest beef.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    while the rest of us burn worthless 50 quid notes to stay warm because the French energy companies have cut off the leccy.
    Them £5000000 notes will be plastic in no time...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I've written to my mate Putin. He'll sort AtW out with a bit of Polonium 220.
    Well, least someone may have a chance at the last post of the year on the 31st. AtW will be fighting off teenagers looking for ciggies in some Siberian backwater, while the rest of us burn worthless 50 quid notes to stay warm because the French energy companies have cut off the leccy.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I've written to my mate Putin. He'll sort AtW out with a bit of Polonium 220.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Look. We can wait. Once Brexit kicks in, he'll be out of this country quicker than Julian Assange will find himself in the back of a CIA SUV if he pops out for a Costa Coffee.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    We are going to have to weigh up the cost and benefits of Brexit when it comes.

Freedom from the EUssr, our own laws, our own borders, our own military, ability to control immigration, £350m per week in EU fees saved

vs

5p more for a box of minging mass produced French Fancies.

Atw will think it over and report back.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Oh dear, Atw reads that bag-o-tulipe rag, the Guardian.
    Look. We can wait. Once Brexit kicks in, he'll be out of this country quicker than Julian Assange will find himself in Sweden if he pops out for a Costa Coffee.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Oh dear, Atw reads that bag-o-tulipe rag, the Guardian.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Why aren't we rendering out own cows? We don't need EU cows, we have cows of our own don't we? Ah, we did have cows of our own, until the EU gave more subsidies to farmers to keep the land fallow. I see the interim rising of prices as a good thing, short-term pain for long-term gain. I hope that once again the UK will produce its own cows for rendering into OXO cubes and Bisto. Let's make British gravy great again

Just don't mention BSE

I'm in discussions with a few local farms at the moment to setup a co-op farm shop. Locally sourced, untouched by foreign hands, support your local economy. We've already started working on a new brand of milk called 'Straight from the Cow', some new cheeses & yogurts and more importantly cheaper veg. As we're not sorting it and grading it, we can see it cheaper. I was going to call it AtW Veg, but we decided Ugly Veg was just the same.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    why don't we render down AtW for yet ANOTHER Brexit thread.

The guy's turning/turned into a larger flangefraggle than sasguru.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Why aren't we rendering out own cows? We don't need EU cows, we have cows of our own don't we? Ah, we did have cows of our own, until the EU gave more subsidies to farmers to keep the land fallow. I see the interim rising of prices as a good thing, short-term pain for long-term gain. I hope that once again the UK will produce its own cows for rendering into OXO cubes and Bisto. Let's make British gravy great again

Just don't mention BSE

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    At least a trip up the Oxo tower will still be free...

Edit.. For most people..

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    AndyW's Mum's oxo is free to use and always will be.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic Oxo

Oxo

Prices of Oxo, Bisto and Mr Kipling to rise after pound's Brexit plunge

Shoppers will have to pay more for Oxo stock cubes, Bisto gravy and Mr Kipling cakes as the firm behind the brands prepares to raise prices to offset the fall in the pound triggered by the Brexit vote.

Premier Foods, which also owns Homepride, Batchelors and Ambrosia rice pudding, will become the latest in a string of companies to offset the weakness of sterling after Unilever clashed with Tesco over the price of products including Marmite.

The news comes as a survey showed supermarket prices had risen over Christmas for the first time in more than two years, underlining expectations that household budgets will come under increased pressure in 2017.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-premier-foods

Oh dear, the march to parity has just begun...

Working...
X