• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hotels - Late night check ins!"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

17th I was in Milan!
    I hope you thanked him afterwards

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Nope. I checked in my hotel at 1am on Monday morning. I do try and remember to call them if I know I'm going to be late but often forget and not had a problem yet. Good chance to ask for an upgrade as well as they know they won't be getting anymore bookings for that night.
    You called it on the upgrade, have a look at Facebook, very nice room!

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    You should come down on the 17th and join in the World's Best Martini event!

Paddington's just up the road from me. I'll keep an eye out for riots.
    17th I was in Milan!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    You should come down on the 17th and join in the World's Best Martini event!

Paddington's just up the road from me. I'll keep an eye out for riots.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

Booked a hotel near ClientCo at Paddington, forgot about the Heathrow Express only takes 15 mins which means I should be back for last orders which isn't too late I supposse
    Britannia Hotels run a 24 hour reception; I've checked in at gone midnight before now. I've also checked in at a Travelodge at around midnight. The key is to letting them know in advance so they don't readvertise your room.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post

Booked a hotel near ClientCo at Paddington, forgot about the Heathrow Express only takes 15 mins which means I should be back for last orders which isn't too late I supposse

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    The missus has her hands full but she says she can get in to hotels without a problem at anytime of night or day
    yes but that is paying the special hourly rate (or 15 minute rate for Bremainers). I think he wants a whole night & clean sheets.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    The missus has her hands full but she says she can get in to hotels without a problem at anytime of night or day

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Just call ahead and advise of a silly o'clock arrival. They will soon let you know if it's likely to be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Flying into Heathrow next Thursday and need a hotel
    An old review, but a classic....

Review of Thistle London Heathrow Hotel - “I couldn't even put it on expenses”

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Depends on the hotel usually.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Nope. I checked in my hotel at 1am on Monday morning. I do try and remember to call them if I know I'm going to be late but often forget and not had a problem yet. Good chance to ask for an upgrade as well as they know they won't be getting anymore bookings for that night.

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    Also, if staying at LHR, use the local busses instead of the hotel hoppa, free to use, and will go to LHT bust station rather than all around the hotels first,

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    Call the hotel, and get them to put a note on your booking that you'll be a late arrival. Not so important at the airport, where this is normal, but London Village may be a bit more backward.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    started a topic Hotels - Late night check ins!

Hotels - Late night check ins!

Flying into Heathrow next Thursday and need a hotel, choices are a hotel near the Airport and an early start for a trip into that there London Village, or a hotel near to where I need to be on Friday morning and a lie in, my natural preference is the latter but it will mean a near mid night check in, assuming I have a booking it doesn't matter what time I turn up to check in?

Working...
X