• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Next stage, unisex changing rooms"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Could have been a suicide bid.
    More likely a hex.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    not sure he was there for the exam, he got hit by a car and was in intensive care for months

guessing that was purely a coincidence
    Could have been a suicide bid.

Leave a comment:

• Agent
    replied
    not sure he was there for the exam, he got hit by a car and was in intensive care for months

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    One thing that made it worse is less is certainly not more over there. :
    That surprises me given how cold it must have been...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I heard a story I heard once of an English chap getting into a Jacuzzi and then it dawned on him everyone was naked. So he quickly removed his trunks and was congratulating himself on his cosmopolitan outlook and his ability to fit in. The first group of people got out and the next lot arrived. And they didn't go aux naturelle...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    I'm extremely squeamish about changing rooms even with members of the same sex and normally retreat to the curtained cubicles.

I wish other people would also follow my cue.

I walked in on a woman bending over to pull her socks on the other day.

Obviously an ex public schoolgirl, she looked like she'd had the socks, pants, pinnies, shoes order of getting dressed well and truly drummed into her.

The sight that greeted me reminded me of the sun rising over the Serengeti.
    We went to Finland over Xmas and were quite surprised by their naked only wet areas and saunas. Even a no clothes 'family' sauna connecting the two changing rooms. Doesn't normally bother me after years of rugby baths but was still pretty weird. Completely freaked my other half out. Lol. It appears Brits are more reserved after all.

One thing that made it worse is less is certainly not more over there. :

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    I'm extremely squeamish about changing rooms even with members of the same sex and normally retreat to the curtained cubicles.

I wish other people would also follow my cue.

I walked in on a woman bending over to pull her socks on the other day.

Obviously an ex public schoolgirl, she looked like she'd had the socks, pants, pinnies, shoes order of getting dressed well and truly drummed into her.

The sight that greeted me reminded me of the sun rising over the Serengeti.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    if parents don't want child to learn about evolution then more fool them
    In your opinion. Unfortunately the kids will never know better and grow up with the same norms that evolution is bad. Yet they'll happily drive cars and use mobiles even though their prophet didn't. Yet again, a case of religious when it suits.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    As I say, unlike the UK, you can't deprive your child of an education here.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Pre-pubescent children are suppose to be exempt from this religious tulip but some parents simply refuse to understand that a child is not a mini-adult.

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Yeah right. Stop 'em for attending lessons that teach evolution, or maths...

Btw - the ruling ONLY applies to pre-pubescent children. Once they hit puberty, they're allowed not to take part.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Successful integration????

Half of them don't want to integrate.
    Most of them here do - but we don't have ethnic enclaves. Most Muslims here are Albanian or Bosnian (just over 50%), then Turks (20%). So long as they can drink their raki in peace, they're happy to integrate.

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    And thus denying the child the right to learn, its not the child's fault the Parents follow a specific religion, the Parents will just not bother sending them.
    In fact the ruling supports the child's right to learn. Swimming lessons are a compulsory part of the curriculum in many cantons in Switzerland. Children have a right to learn - parents cannot stand in their way. If you take your children out of school here, you'll get slapped with a large fine. You can only do it with permission and that's very hard to get.

When we pointed out that the bullying one of our children was subjected to was hindering her legal right to learn, the school got its act together very quickly.

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Next step: cross-breeding.
    One of the components of "white holocaust" - I'm in favour!

I'm all for freedom of choice, kid's shouldn't be forced to attend a class they or their parents disapprove of, ...
    Yeah right. Stop 'em for attending lessons that teach evolution, or maths...

Btw - the ruling ONLY applies to pre-pubescent children. Once they hit puberty, they're allowed not to take part.

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I'm guessing he didn't do too well on the witches test...

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I'm all for freedom of choice, kid's shouldn't be forced to attend a class they or their parents disapprove of, conversely the school shouldn't have to put on an alternative to cater for a small minority

remember in school, we were studying a book in Eng Lit about witches, but one of the kids was a Jeovah's witness so his parents didn't want him reading the book as it went against their beliefs, which was fine he just studied a different book but had to complete the same homework / exams
    I'm guessing he didn't do too well on the witches test...

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    Exactly, people should not be forced to do things against what they believe in they are forcing the child/parents (the cakemaker) to go against what they believe in.

On this occasion it is just penalising the child who probably couldn't care less about religion and just wants to go swimming but knows their parents will now not let them
    I'm all for freedom of choice, kid's shouldn't be forced to attend a class they or their parents disapprove of, conversely the school shouldn't have to put on an alternative to cater for a small minority

remember in school, we were studying a book in Eng Lit about witches, but one of the kids was a Jeovah's witness so his parents didn't want him reading the book as it went against their beliefs, which was fine he just studied a different book but had to complete the same homework / exams

Leave a comment:

Working...
X