• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Its official, brexit was a TOTAL DISASTER for contracting"

Collapse

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Loads of engineering contract jobs in transport, nuclear and defence.

I'm on the best rates ever right now.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Laments the loss of Man @ C&A.

qh

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The problem is that sometimes the other door opens when you are already dead...
    Death's Door....mmmmm.....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    One of my close friends who is a very successful business man and property entrepreneur taught me a very important lesson:
    When one door closes at least one other door opens - you just need to look for it. I learnt that part of contracting is remaining positive and exploiting the next opportunity
    Yes, very clear.

The problem is that sometimes the other door opens when you are already dead...

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Sorry, I'm on the night nurse.
    Don't let the missus catch you....

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied

qh
    has a comb over.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I'm guessing he liked top gear when it reviewed sensible cars.

qh

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    I thinking he wasn't very successful more moderately so. He would like an M5 or Audi S4 but drives a Golf Mk5 Gtd.

Dreams of track days and BBS alloys.

qh
    I'm guessing he liked top gear when it reviewed sensible cars.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    One of my close friends who is a very successful business man and property entrepreneur taught me a very important lesson:

When one door closes at least one other door opens - you just need to look for it. I learnt that part of contracting is remaining positive and exploiting the next opportunity
    I thinking he wasn't very successful more moderately so. He would like an M5 or Audi S4 but drives a Golf Mk5 Gtd.

Dreams of track days and BBS alloys.

qh

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied

You friend sounds a bit boring to me tbh, i dont mean that in an insulting way but more of why the hell is he telling you quotes that have been around since doors where invented. Did he then tell you don't run with sharp instruments.

Sorry, I'm on the night nurse.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Benched Jan-June 2016

Gig June-Sept 16

Gig (and at a very decent rate) Nov16 - to present. (End date is May17.)

Go figure.

qh

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Same here, its cause im a god among mortals.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I've never had so many calls and opportunities over the last 6 months, the IT market is hottest I've ever seen, Brexit or no Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    Never seen the market so quiet.
    I'm trying to take time off and it ain happening, keep getting pulled into work. Perhaps you are doing it wrong?
    Last edited by woohoo; 5 January 2017, 21:37. Reason: your you are ahgghh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X