• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A statement from Dodgy agent"

Collapse

• Forumbore
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Does he bollocks...

From personal experience he believes in wealth redistribution. He fails to admit that redistribution is to him

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Forumbore View Post
    It is a point of view - just one of many different ways of looking at things
    Indeed. Hope the poor fella is coping and not taking it out on you.

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    He still has a point but it's just wrong if proven incorrect.
    It is a point of view - just one of many different ways of looking at things

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    He has a point in my view (having said that he does pay my wages ) until you can prove otherwise
    He still has a point but it's just wrong if proven incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Example of one of his "racist overtones" please? DA is actually very left wing. He believes strongly in the concept of wealth redistribution and the sharing of responsibilities within communities
    Does he bollocks...

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    As do the bleeding hearts and their view that DA and co. are a bunch of alt-right hate mongers with racist overtones.

As before, in the absence of facts and meaningful discussion all we are left with is insults, so whats the point?
    Example of one of his "racist overtones" please? DA is actually very left wing. He believes strongly in the concept of wealth redistribution and the sharing of responsibilities within communities

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    He has a point in my view (having said that he does pay my wages ) until you can prove otherwise
    As do the bleeding hearts and their view that DA and co. are a bunch of alt-right hate mongers with racist overtones.

As before, in the absence of facts and meaningful discussion all we are left with is insults, so whats the point?

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    And the first recourse of the right/alt-right brigade is to call anyone who disagrees with them a virtue signalling bleeding heart liberal (copyright Dodgy Agent).

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Fallacy Ref to the rescue :

I beg to differ. It was phrased as a potential answer, rather than an inevitable logical corollary. Further more, hyperbole (deliberate use of exaggeration for effect) is a legitimate debating technique.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Sockies walk a knife-edge of toleration, so watch it.

Being an ignorant pillock?
    Fallacy Ref to the rescue :

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Looks like you are beginning to learn
    Sockies walk a knife-edge of toleration, so watch it.

And the first recourse of the right/alt-right brigade is to call anyone who disagrees with them a virtue signalling bleeding heart liberal (copyright Dodgy Agent).

It's largely down to an absence of actual facts on both sides, which makes it impossible to have any kind of reasoned discussion. Even when facts are presented one side or the other will immediately attempt to discredit them by picking out hypothetical cases that discredit those facts and extrapolating that to be the case across the board. I'm sure there is a term for it but I can't recall what it is..
    Being an ignorant pillock?

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied

It's largely down to an absence of actual facts on both sides, which makes it impossible to have any kind of reasoned discussion. Even when facts are presented one side or the other will immediately attempt to discredit them by picking out hypothetical cases that discredit those facts and extrapolating that to be the case across the board. I'm sure there is a term for it but I can't recall what it is.

E.g. Immigrants are supposed to go through checks on background and identity, but if in one case someone claimed to have lost their passport and subverted those checks to get in without being identified, all immigrants must be avoiding those checks.
    As a true Global agent I have to vet foreign workers all the time. It is a complex process that requires host countries to have comprehensive systems and data of their own. I very much doubt that Afghanistan has these (Syria does but the system has for obvious reasons broken down). In normal circumstances if information on backgrounds, qualifications, references, medical history is not available people will not be admitted into the UK or any other EU country.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    no but the first recourse of leftie/bleeding heart liberals is to try to discredit the opposition by tarring them as racist.

I didn't judge WTFH on his politics or leanings just his post. If you think he is a rampant lefty then you need to discuss that with him. Personally I think he is normally pretty balanced.

It's largely down to an absence of actual facts on both sides, which makes it impossible to have any kind of reasoned discussion. Even when facts are presented one side or the other will immediately attempt to discredit them by picking out hypothetical cases that discredit those facts and extrapolating that to be the case across the board. I'm sure there is a term for it but I can't recall what it is.

E.g. Immigrants are supposed to go through checks on background and identity, but if in one case someone claimed to have lost their passport and subverted those checks to get in without being identified, all immigrants must be avoiding those checks.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    How does it do that?
    Sorry, typo, incidents.

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    How does it do that?
    Migrant men and European women | The Economist