• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is it me, or agents getting more stupid???"

Collapse

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    I liked it when another agent said it was much easier to get leads off candidates! In other words it is ok to waste our time but not other agents.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I saw that as well. I'd have got the starter for ten right if I was asked to guess the agency too
    Good old Regressive, do find it funny when one pimp gets all high handed with another one for daring to try it on with him. Its like Harold Shipman complaining that Charles Manson is coming across all serial killer-ry

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    Fascinating thread on LinkedIn where an agent has named and shamed another agent who got a developer's CV and put his contact details on it to fish for leads.
    I saw that as well. I'd have got the starter for ten right if I was asked to guess the agency too

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    Fascinating thread on LinkedIn where an agent has named and shamed another agent who got a developer's CV and put his contact details on it to fish for leads.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    That's because you are spending your time on here. Get back on the phones! Those CVs won't email themselves!

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    replied
    Originally posted by Agent View Post
    No, just the one.
    That's because you are spending your time on here. Get back on the phones! Those CVs won't email themselves!

Leave a comment:

• Agent
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You don't have more houses then?
    No, just the one.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Agent View Post
    Not true, I paid off my mortgage when I was in my 30's..
    You don't have more houses then?

Leave a comment:

• Agent
    replied
    Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    Look mate, I pay your mortgage. I know how you operate. Don't try your sales pitch here. You're wasting your time, and TIME IS MONEY.
    Not true, I paid off my mortgage when I was in my 30's..

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    At least I have one, but you in 28,348 comments you have zero.
    Christ in twelve found truth in all but one: I in twelve thousand none

Shakespeare - Richard II

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    It only took 1470 posts but at last something that resembles a useful comment....
    Maybe Bee is listening to you?

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    It only took 1470 posts but at last something that resembles a useful comment....
    At least I have one, but you in 28,348 comments you have zero.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    WHS

But it's handy when a film character uses it in a horror film, because then you know they'll die.

And if anyone says "awesome dude", you know they will die horribly!
    same as losing your virginity, oh <Deity> AssGuru would survive a horror movie!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_girl

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    It's "Dude" I can't stand. Your not Dennis Hopper or a Surfer or living in SanFranFookingCisco.
    qh
    WHS

But it's handy when a film character uses it in a horror film, because then you know they'll die.

And if anyone says "awesome dude", you know they will die horribly!

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot A plumber near me must have had the same training.

Been blown out twice now, and no apology or even a quick call to say he couldn't make it!

Mind you, alarm bells should have rung louder as soon as he called me "buddy"!

It may sound a bit of an eccentric view, but I think there's something weird and slightly creepy when British people call one "buddy". Like "pal", it often seems like a sign of passive aggression at the very least and sometimes outright hostility, although "mate" isn't so bad.
    It's "Dude" I can't stand. Your not Dennis Hopper or a Surfer or living in SanFranFookingCisco. I'll accept it from a Turtle in Finding Nemo but that's it.

qh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X